Sign in to follow this  
wilco_99

I need help!

Ok...I'm a total newbie and I'm over my head I think. What I want to do is install 2 IP cameras and be able to view them from my PC.....sounds simple, but not for me.

I have (2) Hikvision DS2CD2032-Bullet cameras

(1) ZYXEL ES-1100-8p Switch w/4 poe ports

(1) D-Link DIR-655 router

(1) Motorola Surfboard modem

(1) PC

I can't see either camera when running the SADP software that came with the cameras. I've tried hooking things up in a different order with no luck. I can always access the internet and other devices, but I never see the cameras.

I need to start at square #1 with the correct order of how this should be wired up....I'll be connecting the PC with Ethernet cable, if I can do it wirelessly I'll figure that out later. Remember I'm taking baby steps here.

Could someone draw a crude diagram for me on how to connect this up?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

modem>router>switch

the pc can be plugged into the either the router or switch...but if its in the same location might as well plug it directly to the router...to take advantage of gigabit if you will transfer files over your network (between pc's_...

Fenderman.....thanks for responding.

I have the camera plugged into the switch poe port and pc into a non poe port.....the switch is then plugged into the router which is plugged into the modem. I still can't see the camera running the SADP software.

I wonder if I have a bad cable somewhere?

The SADP program is supposed to allow me to access the cameras IP to make the change, but the program won't find the camera.

did you make the cables yourself? Make sure you are not using "crossover" cable

Try resetting the camera.

Make sure the camera is getting power by dimming the lights and see if the ir leds turn on.

if all else fails you can try this...hook the pc up directly to the switch and disconnect the connection going to the router from the switch, leaving just the camera and pc connected to the switch. In your control panel network settings change the Ethernet adapter settings, right click > properties, select internet protocol version 4, >use the following ip address 192.0.0.1 , subnet 255.255.255.0 save. Now try sadp and/or logging into the camera via the default ip which is 192.0.0.64.

Don't forget to change it back to automatically obtain ip address or you wont be able to go online