vincet

Install OS on Intellex box

Hi.

Quick Q.... Can I install windows on an old Intellex box and get drivers for the capture card?

Vince

No, you can not... the only way you can get this system up and running is by restore CD sets that will have the OS and the respective version of the Intellex software combined.

Hello,

I do not mean to Hijack this post, but, I have come into possession of one of these systems.

All I currently have is the box itself.

No cameras, No camera power supplies, just the box with the card, no hard drive.

So, I would have to install 2 hard drives. I would need to know how large the hard drives are supposed to be, and would need to know where on the Intellex site to inquire about purchasing the software. I didn't see anything.

Is this even financially practical?

Thanks in advance.

It seems to me that the Zellers liquidation has left a bunch of us scratching our heads.

Of course I'm assuming that is where you got your Intellex box. It has the same MO as myself and a few others who have been trying to make them work...

I was fortunate that the store I got mine from had the restore disks. Without them it would have been way too expensive of an operation and it would have sat on the shelf of shame. Too much money spent without researching what I was getting and too expensive to get it working. As it is, it sits on my bench. It works and I have few cameras hooked up but there's no easy way to connect it to my home network, let alone viewing over the net, and you definitely won't find any apps from the App Store!

As far as I can tell, Intellex is/was a high end system that would be more practical for large retail chains, like Zellers, who would have one in each store that could be remotely connected to a main administration center.

They really aren't interested in the small CCTV market. I hope you didn't pay too much for it....

Please find some answers below...

Hello,

I do not mean to Hijack this post, but, I have come into possession of one of these systems.

All I currently have is the box itself.

No cameras, No camera power supplies, just the box with the card, no hard drive.

So, I would have to install 2 hard drives. I would need to know how large the hard drives are supposed to be, and would need to know where on the Intellex site to inquire about purchasing the software. I didn't see anything.

Make sure to change the power supply... pay attention on the fans and cables... check if the motherboard has any caps that may be damaged... Installing two hard drives should be a snap, but there is a procedure to follows... first, you need to determine what version Intellex it is.. and then purchase restore CD set for that version... there are quite of few posts here how to slice a drive for at least 20G in order to restore the OS and the Intellex software... when all that is done, then you will need a software... Now, what you may want to do is to find the product code of the system on the bottom of the unit, which may come with MAC address and software key.. if you can provide us with product code, we can tell you what version Intellex is and then it will be easy to find the restore CD sets...

Is this even financially practical?

Yes - under $500.00 will do if you can make it happen.

Thanks in advance.