I currently have am ESC-1 720p camera. It's a fine camera, but I am looking to add one more with a little better quality. I'm more concerned about nighttime quality over daytime. I am considering either the Hik 3mp or the ESC 1080p. Which would be better for nighttime quality in a low lit area? I would think that both should have good daytime quality, as my esc-1 is already excellent in that regard. Thanks for the help

I currently have am ESC-1 720p camera. It's a fine camera, but I am looking to add one more with a little better quality. I'm more concerned about nighttime quality over daytime. I am considering either the Hik 3mp or the ESC 1080p. Which would be better for nighttime quality in a low lit area? I would think that both should have good daytime quality, as my esc-1 is already excellent in that regard. Thanks for the help

Don't have any exposure to ESC IPC so a snapshot of your current night view would give us more insights to which IPC to recommend.

I would go with Hikvision over ESC because they are the largest manufacturer of surveillance cameras and have a mature product that works vs. a house brand for a small reseller where there may be risks. You will get noise at night, but I prefer a little noise over the alternative which is over processed noise reduction that blurs detail. But if you prefer lower noise, Dahua has a cleaner image at night, albeit at the expense of detail. It's a toss up, some people look at the Hikvision at night and say it's better, some look at Dahua and say it's better.

As for cameras that I have used that have the best night image quality, Axis P3367-VE, Mobotix D14 SEC DNight, ACTi KCM-5611. But, not even close to the same price range as what you are looking at.

I would go with Hikvision over ESC because they are the largest manufacturer of surveillance cameras and have a mature product that works vs. a house brand for a small reseller where there may be risks.

Lightning, I believe, took out my ESC-720p (purchased in July) about 10 days ago. I emailed them, they replied telling me to send it back. I just received the replacement, no problem. Only cost was my shipping to them.