Sign in to follow this  
Domm29

Lines on LCD every camera new kit? any ideas?

hi all ,

Bought a new cctv kit , got to admit it wasnt the most expensive the cameras are 4x 700tvl with an 8 channel dvr , itll do for what i need it for.

Anyway the cctv appears to have lines/ some kind of interference going on , its sometimes worse than others , i have made a video on this occasion they arent as bad as they have been in the passed.

I was told to try the camera power supply which is just a cheap 12v split into 4 , i disconnected them 1 by one and the one that was left connected was the same no better at all.

also tried different wires between the cameras , its not the worst thing ever but i just need a bit of guidence. or maybe ill just have to live with them?

Thanks anyway in advance and heres the video:

You're getting some kind of electromagnetic interference.

It could be the ground that your CCTV or your DVR is connected to.

Are they both on the same circuit?

Try plugging the system and power supply into a different outlet, (If possible) but connect them both to the same circuit (Power strip).

You can always try using a filter like these:

http://pamdist.com/products.php?action=dosearch&field=Advanced&cat99=1&sort1=1&contains=2&itemnumber=SEE-CB001VH&description=&man1=1&d11=1&minrange=0&maxrange=100000&sort1=1&perpage1=25&x=0&y=0

I was told to try the camera power supply which is just a cheap 12v split into 4 , i disconnected them 1 by one and the one that was left connected was the same no better at all.

He already did try powering just one camera.

Yeah, but on that 4 way. They never recommend that. It's made to be full- two at least. Adapters are relatively cheap and they come in handy eventually with all this, even if it's not the problem.

In the light of footage, camera is turn on IR and video is rendering rainning inferferance. I assume those is long and lasting high heat cause that. To be frankly, its intrinsic design is poor in main board and IR board.

Sorry for replying to a 2 year old post....

Yes because if someone has the same problem they now have a resolution...