Sign in to follow this  
Peter_

Finding ACTi cameras on alt ip range

Picked up a couple ACM-3701's and I'm having trouble accessing/seeing them on my network. Supposedly they default to 192.168.0.100, and my network is 192.168.10.xx range. I've tried changing my computers adapter settings to that range but I'm not getting anywhere. Any ideas/help?

Really? The manual says the camera defaults to 192.168.0.100? Still, I can't find the camera anywhere in my normal range even after a factory default.

I've had a couple of ACTi cameras not come back after rebooting from the web interface.

I've even tried running wireshark to see the DHCP request but i get nothing. Its as though the lights are on, but nobody home...

When the camera is plugged into network and it does not detect any DHCP services, it will automatically assign itself a default IP: 192.168.0.100 is what it says in current ACTi manuals but that camera is a fairly old model so it's possible it worked differently back then.

How are you powering the camera, PoE switch or PoE injector? Is it new and do other cameras work with it? Can you see if there's any lights inside the camera that come on when you power it up. Sometimes there's a hidden LED that you can see if you take the dome cover off.

I can have ACTi cameras set to a manual IP for another location that is not on my local network and still find them on my network using the ACTi IP utility. At worst they'll usually have a 169. IP address and I just change the IP directly from the utility.

I've never had issues finding an ACTi camera no matter the network settings with the utility. They are DHCP from the factory though, or at least every one I've ever used has been so the e series, d series, TCM-1111, 5611, 5211 and whatever my few domes are have all been dhcp so you may have other issues with your cameras.

I've had a couple of ACTi cameras not come back after rebooting from the web interface.

I've even tried running wireshark to see the DHCP request but i get nothing. Its as though the lights are on, but nobody home...

And were you ever able to get them working again?

The cameras are being plugged into my PoE switch - which is currently powering several other cameras. All the lights come on on the camera itself, but it doesn't seem to be attached to the network. I'm stumped. The ACTi utility isn't showing anything either.

I think the reset is pretty long on these too. Seems like the last two I reset you have to be holding in the reset button when you power it on, and then hold the reset button down for around 10-20 seconds before it really reset.

Hitting reset no matter how long with camera already on apparently does nothing.

And were you ever able to get them working again?

The cameras are being plugged into my PoE switch - which is currently powering several other cameras. All the lights come on on the camera itself, but it doesn't seem to be attached to the network. I'm stumped. The ACTi utility isn't showing anything either.

exact same issue here.

Lights are on, no one home.

Never got them working. i have 2 on my desk to fiddle with when (if) i get time...

Mine are 1231 bullets, poe powered (even tried 12v), tried holding reset when power up for 30 seconds - 2mins.... still nothing.

I've got other issues (intermittent) at the same site but found that if i reset the cameras through the acti utility, the cameras come back. if i reset through the web interface, camera is bricked...