camera714

I need help guys, dont know which camera to get!!

I was curious to see if the cam53cir lived up to what everyone on this site said it did and ordered one from the same link. They also screwed up my order. I called them and they informed me they screwed up the part # on the website. He told me to go to their website and click on returns and provide in detail what happened (no coax for me either) He said they will send out RMA tags and ship the correct camera and the coax. They didn't say anything about s/h cause they messed up. They better not charge me!!:evil:

They are the same camera now..No difference.

They used to be but not now...

Its funny, digitally unique has the 53cir as backordered now..

Hey, im sorry that I gave you that link..I didnt think this was going to happen. I have heard pretty good things about them and they were the cheapest so thats why I posted that link.

THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO_

Click this link http://www.bbbonline.org/cks.asp?id=102080514542724358

Digitally Unique is part of the Better Business Bureau

File a report against them and state everything that happened. Remeber YOU PAID FOR THE CABLE.

Here is the link to the Complaint Form:

http://complaints.bbb.org/SelectComplaintLinkFrameSet.asp

After you finish that call them back and try to speak to a manager. Tell them you just filed a complaint and you want your DAMN CABLE!!

Hey its not your fault, they messed up. you just tried to save us a little $$. So it is the same camera? I won't bother returning it then. I won't bother with the BBB either I got plenty of RG6. That factory stuff is garbage anyway.

its a $100 camera, i think we are lucky it even powers up ...

The retailer if they only sold you one camera, probably made $2 - $5 off a camera like that ....

Network camera lol

Oh there making more than that off each camera. Especially being one of DBL's biggest accounts. DBL buys those cameras for dirt cheap...

And they ship for free to their customers.

true that ..

for the price, and the 50' IR, its not a bad camera, even though its a narrow beam, still good power on it, but i cant get past the non IR cut filter part .. they got any around the same price without IR but with an IR filter, i know, im pushing it at that cost ... but yah never know the chinese .. they may just have something ..

yeah, IR Cut Filters arent cheap ... and then you are talking about a mechanism, then if you want to try digital it takes extra processing ..

its a BW camera anyway with just Chroma added to obtain a color image, so without a IR cut filter it will pick up IR in day and night, sunlight emmits IR just as does an IR illuminator, different levels of light is all .. add an IR pass filter and you get more sensitivity to IR, but they cost more also ..without chroma the camera is more sensetive to IR, but the color camera can still pick up some IR from sunlight in the day. Hence is the saying not all cameras are made alike, not all are great for IR and hence checking the specs to see if what spectrum it can see, if its got a IR pass filter then it maybe able to see the higher spectrums also.

Mechanical and Digital variations are available now, but makes the camera more expensive either way. The CCD used also plays a big part in what it does, eg, some Sony Exview Color CCDs will switch to BW by just turning off the chroma digitally so you get a BW image, but if it has a standard IR cut filter that is not removed and the lux level stays the same, it is not as sensitive and not reponsive to IR light, some remove the IR cut filter so it responds to IR light, or some just leave it out all together.

you pay extra for the filter and the processing involved ... something like that, at least thats the way i see it from various manuafacturer info i got

Edited by Guest

for the price, and the 50' IR, its not a bad camera, even though its a narrow beam, still good power on it

Yea it really is...Its been through about 5 or 6 or 7 generations of production so it is about as good as it gets at this point. And MACE has been there exclusive tester for research and Development and sold probably about 15-20K of them over the last 3-4 years.

Very low failure rate. Pretty much the only cam I like in Mace's line.

Anyway I would like to see if I could source a cam like that with an IR cut filter like you said...would be nice.

does he not mind his email being public ? Might want to pm them with that, remember this gets on google ..

but good looking out

Anyway I would like to see if I could source a cam like that with an IR cut filter like you said...would be nice.

id like a mini weather resistant dome, that you can just screw up from the outside, and adjust the position and focal length of the camera from the outside, and lock in place, so you dont have to go inside it .. high lux color, BW low lux Exview with Day Time IR cut filter .. 420TVL is fine, no IR required, Monitor out sealed removable plug so you can see it as you adjust it ..

he said to do it. Its not his personal email address. Now that would really piss me off. Because you know some idiot has more time on there hands than they do friends. I still have a old yahoo email address from 96 (1st email address) and I check it every once in while for kicks. I average like 4,900 junk email a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And have not used that address in like 3 years. Ridiculous! Whats really ridiculous is i get a kick out of checking it. I .

ive deleted 2 e m a i l accounts in the last few years, this one will have to go soon.

back in the 96-98 time line it was all h o t m a i l accounts which timed out decades ago

32023_1.jpg

http://www.security.globalsources.com/gsol/I/Dome-speed/p/2000000003878/3000000180104/sm/1001499851.htm

Sony Color CCD and HQ1 DSP

Max. Perform 540 TV lines

Built-in 10 Infra Red

Day-Night Function by Mechanical IR Cut Filter

DC12V/AC24V input

With Line Lock function

Strong Backlight Compensation

With Mounting (Optional)

Promotion Models:

V3544SOI : 1/3" Sony CCD / 540 TV lines / 0.8 lux (Day, Colour), 0 lux (Night, B/W)

V3484SOI : 1/3" Sony CCD / 480 TV lines / 0.5 lux (Day, Colour), 0 lux (Night, B/W)

Specs look pretty nice.

Wonder how much this guy is??

Take a look at the rest of their product line looks pretty strong

Sorry for the repost but,

Rory whats the difference between a Day-Night function by Auto Interchange IR Filter and a IR cut Filter??

Mech Filter is something that goes in front of the CCD, normally cost more $$

think of it as having a BW camera, which is IR sensitive, then adding color to the image, then screwing on an IR Cut Filter onto the lens .. this just does it mechanically by sliding a filter back and forth over it depending on the digital light level (or in some camera cases they switch by manual or photocell).

It is also a better way of doing it, better color images and BW images, as well as more sensitivity in BW mode, generally. Some even integrate an IR pass Filter which is even more sensitive to IR for night time.

Auto Interchange IR Filter - Not sure what it is, it could be the same thing.

I think there is now a way they do it digitally also. .. cant say for sure.

Edited by Guest

yep Ive seen them before, seperate IR is always good.

Sunkwang has a similar product, though this being chinese will be cheaper on the pocket, ill take a closer look at their other products.

thanks

Rory

I know that both Pelco and Panasonic ( just to name two) make color-day and b/w-night cameras. Never have installed them, though. Would one of these options make better sense than going to one of these IR cams? The one new Panasonic I hear a lot about is the WV-484 series. I can't remember the Pelco model. A friend of mine installed three of the Panasonics at a local motel, and told me later that the motel owner loves the camera. How would the Mace "53" model compare to those higher-end models? Would the IR be of any help, when the area is actually being lit, as in a parking lot with sodium vapor lighting?

The Panasonic SDIII will blow most cameras away .. it cost 5-8 times as much as the camera you listed.

However you will need some light, no IR is included with the Pano. It will switch to low light BW mode. They are used in alot of road side and high end apps.

Personally im dealing with the Extreme all in one cameras from now on for high end, im tired of messing with the camera housings and lenses, they can be a hand ful when dealing with day night (eg in the bush or on a ladder in pitch dark - got bit by a bug just before xmas and was pitch dark didnt even know what bit me!). Extreme CCTV has some great Infrared products also, very expensive though.

If you already have light then the IR is not that useful.

Pelco, never used it nor looked at their products.

Rory