camera714

I need help guys, dont know which camera to get!!

those 484 are not bad. It definitly has to have some light. I dont think the lux is as low as it says. But they are good

Has anyone done installs on the Panasonic 484 series? The only person I know who has done any at all is a good friend of mine who just put in 3 of them at a local motel which has had problems with hoodlums in their parking lot. I haven't had a chance to get to see them in use however. The motel owner wanted the day/night application as he had "googled" some information I guess, but couldn't himself to get on a ladder and climb up two stories to the eaves of his motel, therefore my friend got involved. Just wondering if there is someone out there who uses these Panasonic's on a regular basis? I know they are new, but sometimes there are people who always use the newest stuff. I haven't ever seen the Extreme CCTV stuff, but I hear the products are top of the line, but top of cost also. Have bought a lot of Pelco cameras though, they are right here in California. Never any problems with the Pelco stuff at all.

The 484 has been around for years and years .. there is just a newer version of it now, SD3.

yep. he did

Hey I have installled the panos wv-cp484 SDIII very many times. Got one on the side of my house right now. pm me and i will let you see the video live.

I hope he did get a camera and the IR working better. It would really be nice to see some after photos.

Can you let us know where you're with this project? It would be nice to see that same area that you showed in the initial photographs looking a whole lot better.

Anyway I hope all is going well.

finnaly got time to post pics

CAM43CIR mounted in same location as the old cam.

cam46daynight.jpg

old cam, wider view

daynight.jpg

CAM43CIR new mounting spot

cam43dayn.jpg

CAM53CIR

cam53daynight.jpg

cam43 is the first gen of cam53. you can tell the diffrence. 53 has a lil wider view and nightvision is alot clearer.

if i have some extra money ill buy another 53

Edited by Guest

hmmm pretty nice camera... what about when it gets hit with rain... will the lense haze up??

i've had many problems with IR cameras and lense hazing up because of rain spots

Just as an FYI, amazon.com has a good price on the Mace Cam53CIR, free shipping, and their reputation is pretty decent...

I think Digitally Unique went out of business, I returned that cam43 in December and they still haven't reimbursed me for it. Their website is down and I called the 800 number and it says they are closed and my E-mails go unanswered. That pisses me off!! Looks like I'm out 120 bucks Anybody got info on them??[/b]

I think Digitally Unique went out of business, I returned that cam43 in December and they still haven't reimbursed me for it. Their website is down and I called the 800 number and it says they are closed and my E-mails go unanswered. That pisses me off!! Looks like I'm out 120 bucks Anybody got info on them??[/b]

How did you pay? Many credit cards offer protection for returns. This is why I always use my American Express card. They will protect me for returns and will even refund me any restocking fees that I get charged.

Good Luck!

I think Digitally Unique went out of business, Their website is down Anybody got info on them??[/b]

Yup, website appears down. Better look fast, I found the names of the execs on Google's cache:

http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:RiIyNnmc6ToJ:www.digitallyunique.com/aboutstaff.htm%3Bjsessionid%3D3B4ABBC6F5E31CF7465A69BB74D532B3+%22digitally+unique%22+%22MARK+YEAMAN%22&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2

Main office in Denver:

Digitally Unique, Inc.

1615 California Street #613

Denver, CO 80202

P: (303) 292-4555

F: (720) 294-9794

Unfortunately I used my debit card. I called the main office and it is the same recording as their 800#. Thanks anyway KJT. Chalk this one up to experience! Only buy from reputable distributors!!!!

Unfortunately I used my debit card. I called the main office and it is the same recording as their 800#. Thanks anyway KJT. Chalk this one up to experience! Only buy from reputable distributors!!!!

Well you know this one will get much longer with a title like that.

Picking a camera is the most difficult part and the title will interest just about anybody that is thinking about buying a camera.

Call your debt card issuer, if it has a Visa logo on it you are almost certainly safe. I have gotten $700 back on deals that were shadier then this.

Mine the guy had a copy of my card and my PIN, most banks say thats impossible without my knowledge. IT AIN'T!

EDIT: This guy would have to be a fool to rip off a security professional.

If they did go out of business, you should contact both your local state Better Business Borough and the one in the state the business is in and file claims against them. You become a crediter that is on the list to be paid. Granted a low level one but you might get your money back eventually. It's paperwork but usually worth it.

Good Luck