venturis

Hikvision Megapixel IP Camera 5.0.5 Firmware release

Just noticed that Hikvision has released a new official firmware for the "Raptor" series of Megapixel IP Cameras.

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com

Namely for the 2CD series of cameras.

I have the OEM verision of the 2CD2332 so I cant install it on my camera but might be usual for someone else.

No release notes with this one so no idea what has been changed or added.

Baseline Firmware_IPC_Raptor series_En_V5.0.5 130925(Released).rar

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product%20Firmware/Cameras/Raptor%20Platform%20IPC%202%20series%20firmware/V5.0.5%20build%20130925/

I won't have to time to check it out for a while, hopefully someone will do so and comment.

There is also a new version for the TI365 series, v5.0.8.

Baseline Firmware_IPC_TypeC series_En_V5.0.8 130930(Released).zip

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product%20Firmware/Cameras/TI%20365%20platform%20firmware/V5.0.8%20build%20130930/

Trying now, will let you know shortly how it goes on my European 2CD2032

Brenning

Update complete...

Firmware Version - V5.0.5 130925

Encoding Version - V4.0 build 130924

There might possibly be some new features but its hard to tell as what it has done is break most of the tabs in the config page. A lot of the tabs along the right hand side now have no name and the width is minimal. You can just about click them and guess which one they are supposed to be but some dont work......not too good

There might possibly be some new features but its hard to tell as what it has done is break most of the tabs in the config page. A lot of the tabs along the right hand side now have no name and the width is minimal. You can just about click them and guess which one they are supposed to be but some dont work......not too good

Just do a CTRL+F5, so the browser reloads everything and forgets what it has on the cache.

Brenning

Update complete...

Uninstall Webcomponents and let the new version install.

Brenning

Update complete...

Cheers, re-installing the web components was what resolved the issue. New features i can see from having a quick browse through are two new frame rate options (18 & 20 fps) a new option called "SVC" under the video config (on / off options) and a NAT tab under the network options which i havent noticed before (appears to be able to nat ports through to external IP).

Anyone know what SVC is?

Brenning

Where is that? Im not seeing that anywhere!

Edit: That's for their speed dome series...I don't know if it maters but im not trying that!

Where is that? Im not seeing that anywhere!

Edit: That's for their speed dome series...I don't know if it maters but im not trying that!

oops, haha, it was late, sorry.

Does it work on the Swann's from costco? I was wondering if firmware from

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product%20Firmware/Cameras/

and

ftp.hikvision.com are same??

I second this inquiry. Is it the same?

"first of all, thank you for your detailed feedback. We have had that feedback from other customers as well and we truly appreciate hearing the concerns about our products as well as what customer desire to see in our products. The concerns you raise are valid issues with integrated IR from both a performance and application standpoint. This upgrade has been in our roadmap and will be available in a firmware upgrade (v5.1) before the end of this year."

Update complete...

Cheers, re-installing the web components was what resolved the issue. New features i can see from having a quick browse through are two new frame rate options (18 & 20 fps) a new option called "SVC" under the video config (on / off options) and a NAT tab under the network options which i havent noticed before (appears to be able to nat ports through to external IP).

Anyone know what SVC is?

Brenning

How about IR? Did they add the option to disable IR yet? (without switching to daytime mode) This feature is planned for version 5.1, however, I wouldn't be surprised if they added it in this version for us to start testing.

How about IR? Did they add the option to disable IR yet? (without switching to daytime mode) This feature is planned for version 5.1, however, I wouldn't be surprised if they added it in this version for us to start testing.

Can't see anything for that I'm afraid, looks like it might be for the next version unless I'm overlooking the option

Brenning, did you have to do any hard reset after upgrading fw?

My camera is up on the roof used as a weather camera so its definitely not fun to go up there to do a hard reset.

Camera is bought in china so have to email them for fw anyway but it would be nice to know about if reset is needed or not, my Vivotek IP8332 seams to need a hard reset after fw upgrade and that reset button is inside camera also

Hello:

I see in the Hikvisin´s manual:

SVC:

Scalable Video Coding is an extension of the H.264/AVC standard. The technology encodes the video signal with layers;

the basic layer and several enhanced layers and it is adaptive to the network condition to transfer different video streams.

For example, when the bandwidth is limited, only the basic layer data is encoded and transferred. You can enable the function when you want o see the video with several terminals , such as the mobile phone with 3G network, or the personal computer with IP network.

Above the shortcut

http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/image/2013051507504074952.pdf

Bye.

My camera is up on the roof used as a weather camera so its definitely not fun to go up there to do a hard reset.

Camera is bought in china so have to email them for fw anyway but it would be nice to know about if reset is needed or not, my Vivotek IP8332 seams to need a hard reset after fw upgrade and that reset button is inside camera also

It rebooted but no hard reset required. I had to uninstall and reinstall the web components from my browser. The camera I updated was the European version but I have several Chinese ones. Could you PM me a link to the Chinese firmware once you have it?

Brenning

It rebooted but no hard reset required. I had to uninstall and reinstall the web components from my browser. The camera I updated was the European version but I have several Chinese ones. Could you PM me a link to the Chinese firmware once you have it?

Brenning

You can put the US/Euro on the Chinese cameras via the TFTP method.

Brenning

You can put the US/Euro on the Chinese cameras via the TFTP method.

That's true, I'd feel more comfortable using the web interface though and its a little easier remotely

and

Yes it-work...

Did u upgrade it Via Web Browser? or Via TFTP Method. I'm Getting my Swann Cameras delivered tomorrow. First thing I'm going to do is to attempt to update the firmware on those. So want to be sure before doing so.

and

Yes it-work...

Did u upgrade it Via Web Browser? or Via TFTP Method. I'm Getting my Swann Cameras delivered tomorrow. First thing I'm going to do is to attempt to update the firmware on those. So want to be sure before doing so.

Via the web browser and the first one I have upgrade as necessity a hard reset and the second one no hard reset!!!