venturis

Hikvision Megapixel IP Camera 5.0.5 Firmware release

Thanks !!

Update:

Received both my cameras and tried the upgrade via Browser. It Updated fine. No Hard Resets. Cams Rebooted by themselves.

Capture.JPG.2c1fc1249ca38d69f6367ed7bb44e9ff.JPG

Capture1.JPG.302c69ca69d911bd3a3c2715618ab4a5.JPG

Anyone have any idea what SVC is?

I think the 'gain' option is new too?

This has been answered before (did you read through the topic?)

I see in the Hikvisin´s manual:

SVC:

Scalable Video Coding is an extension of the H.264/AVC standard. The technology encodes the video signal with layers;

the basic layer and several enhanced layers and it is adaptive to the network condition to transfer different video streams.

For example, when the bandwidth is limited, only the basic layer data is encoded and transferred. You can enable the function when you want o see the video with several terminals , such as the mobile phone with 3G network, or the personal computer with IP network.

Above the shortcut

http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/image/2013051507504074952.pdf

Gain option has always been there on mine before I updated to the current firmware

Yep, sorry, I mean has anyone actually used it and seen it do anything, I have it enabled on one camera, but I don't see any adapting going on.

Yep, sorry, I mean has anyone actually used it and seen it do anything, I have it enabled on one camera, but I don't see any adapting going on.

I believe it is related to the bandwidth. From the statement above it packs the stream with multiple enhancements. So like Basic+ Enhanced + super enhanced are the 3 streams sent. If you got lots of bandwidth and on i7 pc you could get super enhanced stream..if you are on mini pc or mobile you could get basic which is decoded from same stream.

Considering all three modes of video are in same stream you are suppose to save bandwidth and have the option to choose different streams rather than getting a totally different stream.

So I guess we don't have the Chinese update yet. Maybe its not been released? Has anyone messaged Melinda from Aliexpress asking? I've not got her details handy at the moment..

Brenning

Tough to do as when day breaks over China it will be Saturday, so at best you'll have to wait to find out on our Sunday evening. I put in a request yesterday and got confirmation they have my request, hopefully they will respond by Monday.

What's funny about China is they don't have the same sense of stressed out urgency that Americans have, LOL. I think if I moved there I would stress out too many locals. I wanted to put in an order for 100 cameras with one manufacturer that has been taking a week to give me a simple quote so I can send them $, then they say it will take 45 days to make the cameras once they start and have met their minimum manufacturing requirements.

Sorry I havent got the time to send a request yet. But I will do so if Buellwinkle dont get the chinese fw.

I was up on roof securing the chimney where the camera is mounted this weekend.

Anyway I found an APP "IP Cam Viewer Basic" that works on both iPad and android and it can handle all 5 camera brands/models I have. Vivotek IP7251, Vivotek IP8332, Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I, Grandtec WiFi Cam and Dlink DCS-2121.

Basic version works but have advertising in it, I bought the Pro version.

Let me know if you want me to request chinese fw also.

All they sent me from China is 5.0.2 saying that 5.0.5 is not a stable release and they've been having problems with it.

Can you share it with us, please ?

(the one that work with the 2CD3332-I)