komag

Dahua NVR 3208 Chinese to English ?

233568_1.jpg

Help,my Dahua NVR 3208 ordered from China and it came with chinese language menu.can teach how to revert to english menu ..

You will probably need to flash the firmware. Dahua chinese firmwares do not have an option to just "switch" to english, you need to flash it with an english firmware.

Contact whoever sold it to you, they should be able to change the firmware remotely (as long as you know how to configure the DVR so they can access it over internet).

You will probably need to flash the firmware. Dahua chinese firmwares do not have an option to just "switch" to english, you need to flash it with an english firmware.

Contact whoever sold it to you, they should be able to change the firmware remotely (as long as you know how to configure the DVR so they can access it over internet).

thank,but how to configure as all the menu in chinese .

Someone else will have to help you with this; I do not know the default IP for Dahua DVR. Default ports will surely be 80, 554, 37777 and 37778.

Once you know the IP, you should be able to temporarily configure your router on the same subnet, and forward the needed ports to the DVR IP (or just put it on the DMZ). This way it can be upgraded remotely with the correct firmware.

You can try a phone app to translate the menu items. For instance, bing translate is a good one. Point your phone at the screen and it will translate for you in real time. Worth a shot.

Most of the Dahua's come static 192.168.1.108, but if you have a monitor connected to it, you do not need to know the

IP address. If you want to take a chance, download the firmware, open config tool, and upgrade it.

My best suggestion is to take one of the free online Mandarin classes and learn how to read Mandarin. Dahua NVR's are very sensitive to getting bricked if you use the wrong firmware.

Most of the Dahua's come static 192.168.1.108, but if you have a monitor connected to it, you do not need to know the

IP address. If you want to take a chance, download the firmware, open config tool, and upgrade it.

Solve " title="Applause" /> ,thank @luckyfella and others.

hi komag

did u manage to flash to english?..

i did the flashing but it sort of bricked the nvr.

me too

233568_1.jpg

Help,my Dahua NVR 3208 ordered from China and it came with chinese language menu.can teach how to revert to english menu ..

yes, you should ask your wholesaler about it, but if you need, i can tell you how to continue run under Chinese version.

I'm a Chinese

233568_1.jpg

yes, you should ask your wholesaler about it, but if you need, i can tell you how to continue run under Chinese version.

I'm a Chinese

thank for offer,but really need chinese firmware.Already contact the seller,but he also don't know about firmware.

233568_1.jpg

I'm a Chinese

thank for offer,but really need chinese firmware.Already contact the seller,but he also don't know about firmware.

I am sorry to tell you that our product cannot update from Chinese to other language,

because we donot want our domestic product sell to overseas,so our all product have this update limited.

I am sorry to tell you that our product cannot update from Chinese to other language,

because we donot want our domestic product sell to overseas,so our all product have this update limited.

Sorry, but as an European I don't understand this sort of thinking.

First: Support in Dahua NOT EXIST. You are not answering for emails, any help for your devices. Is this "protection"?.

Second: Sellers in China very often are cheating buyers. As me few days ago, when I received NVR with Chinese menu. I asked about English. "Yes, of course, English menu". When package arrived I saw Chinese hashes on the display. I asked about this. "Yes, PSS software is on the cd". And now company which wants to be the best and take care of consumers, should give me a hand. I don't want help for free. If you are hesitate about your firmwares, you can send an email with instructions how configure device to connect it from the Internet and remotely upload a firmware after payment, I think about 10, 15 USD. Or generate firmware with a key connected with serial number, and send it to customer.

Everybody will be happy.

I am buying Dahua devices about from one year. I have few problems with devices. Nobody from you helped me. I don't want miracles. I would like to get some help for a money.

I am buying Dahua devices about from one year. I have few problems with devices. Nobody from you helped me. I don't want miracles. I would like to get some help for a money.

You should be buying from a european source that gives you support.

I don't see Dahua reseller in my and border's country. I see local company, which is rebranding it and sell it 4x expensive... It is not normal situation.

I don't see Dahua reseller in my and border's country. I see local company, which is rebranding it and sell it 4x expensive... It is not normal situation.

Then if there are no resellers, how do you expect to get any support...?