I will be flying in from Hawaii to attend the 2006 ISCwest in Las Wages.

My intrest is on the line of seeing if this is a biz for me to move into from my normal telecommunication work.

Maybe some of use can get together.

so no one is going to any of the sessions at isc west? i'm still on the fence about paying for at least a one day session pass - probably thursday

Have you researched the program schedule? I mean, isn't it like $600 or so for a one day pass? Is it really worth that? Have you talked to anybody involved that can give you some insight as to what you might learn?

i am going just booked my plane ticket and hotel tonight. I am going to pay for the one day pass. Heck if I am going to go might as well make it worth my time. Anyone come up with a time and date for our crazy horse appointment??

the one day pass is 325, isaac what day are you going?

i think im going to go on wednesday?.. here are the topics of some classes i think could be interesting:

4W03: The Explosion in Intelligent Video

7W03: Digital Video Recording Standards for Gaming Venues

8W05: How to leverage video

2W04: INCREASE YOUR COMPANY’S VALUE

4W06: Conducting Site Surveys for Successful Wireless CCTV Installations

im booked at the mirage.. could catch me playing some poker there when not at the show

Edited by Guest

ya that explosion in intelligent software looks good. Right now I am working with cernium and broadware on several large accounts of ours. The intelligent software is something that is going to be of high demand. I am going to go on the 5th. I am coming in on the 3rd and leaving on the 7th. I dont gamble much, I throw away money already to much. Plus have not seen any businesses that are in the business to give away money. I am sure I can find something to blow a few thousand on in vegas. Like some good food.

if you like sushi and you are on the corp card i would recommend the place in the caesars forum shops(cant remember the name but its on the top floor where the escalators are in that mall).. i was there last year at had a great lunch (70bucks just me)..

we hit the steak place in the bellagio last year - called "prime" it was unreal but be prepared to drop some cash - the steaks are 50bucks plus and you can find wine on the list for 20,000

i think ill try and hit a good place at least once - maybe delmonicos or one of the new places in the wynn

cheers!

pg

well I am definitly going to be writing this whole thing off as business expenses but the card is my business credit card. Like I said I am going to make it worth my while so I expect to atleast spend 2,500 and up for my trip. Which is not bad. Shoot I will just be happy I am not having to constantly be doing proposals. I am not sure if I can remember what it is like to not be constantly doing proposals every day. I sick of it.

I am not sure if I can remember what it is like to not be constantly doing proposals every day. I sick of it.

I might be able to find a job for you to spec...

Ok our IT dept. finally put a link for the ICS West and I still don't even know if I am going to get to go!!??!! Whats really goin on in the kitchen?

I will get there on the night of the 3rd. Go to the event on thursday and leave on the 7th.

Rory and I will be at NY/NY Hotel. Anyone from the forum want to meet up Late Tuesday night at Coyote Ugly or a place like that for a few chilled beverages just let us know and we can exchange cell numbers. It would be nice to get a group of us together to shake hands and put names with faces.

Scottj

definitly we should meet up. I think it will be a good time. By the way anyone using that ISC connections for meetings and visits and such?

Any chance we could shift it to Wednesday? I'm comming in wednesday morning and leaving Thursday night.

I have no objections to pretty much any evening. I am trying to keep my evening schedule open on more of a vacation level which wil leave more time to meet people just for the hell of it.

Scottj

ive probably seen most everything that will be there, but there is a list of stuff i want to see in person ... wonder how far they will let us wreak havoc on the DVR's ...

ive probably seen most everything that will be there, but there is a list of stuff i want to see in person ... wonder how far they will let us wreak havoc on the DVR's ...

You bring the knowledge, I'll bring the hammer.......deal?

What is it your wanting to see in person the most?

thats a long list, but it will be mostly in the form of specialty cameras ...

DVRs will take time to properly test, worth taking a glimpse at but wont be long enough to really know how well they perform.

Hoping the Day Night Camera guys have a "Day Night Room" set up for a proper test.

Covi will definately be on there, as well as Acti, and hoping that other Megapixel camera company will be there also, gotta search the forum for its name again. Will also be looking closely at various Wide Dynamic cameras, day nighters, and Infrared.

Will post my list this weekend or by end of next week, in the CCTV Bench forum.

Rory

I will be looking for companys and products in the whole Network Integratation of Access Control, Alarm, and Video. Looking for the best interface and who's has the most efficent. I am gettting alot more need for that over here. I have already a bunch of meetings scheduled with several company's. I like the fact you can shedule your whole day and booth visits and everything like that on the isc connections web utility. Make the most of your time.