Staying at the Benican-- That is the only way our company could hook up as many Pelco tickets as we did (Besides our millions $$ of volume) I guess that is where the party is taking place. Chicago--whoever that is (b-4 my day) is the band playing this year. Anybody taking the IP Network Video classes offered?? I heard they are booked up already.

Do you mean Venetian? Wow, if Chicago was before your day, I feel old as hell and I am barely teasing my way around my early thirties...yikes!

Scottj

man crap! I just realized that the arkansas business expo will be on april the 4th. Man I think I am going to have to cancel my ISC trip. even though the isc show would be more fun I know the arkansas business expo will be better for the business.

Memeber Meeting?:

April 6th (Thursday) outside the exhibit hall at 6:00pm. Then members can go from there to a nearby watering hole..

Is there a second to this motion?

Cheers to that suggestion Normicgander How are we supposed to know who's who?? We should all do something different and distinct like...wrap some coax around our wrist or something---that way we know it's a fellow forum amigo I found out we are not staying @ Venican-- but Billagio. I can't wait!!!!!!!!

I will get there Wensday and leave Thursday afternoon. I'll be at the Video Insight booth most of the time.

Well, I wish those members attending the show a safe trip. Maybe we'll bump into eachother...

Rory, Hope you feel better. Any specific product for which you need infomation/eval?

Kandcorp are you going?

Have a great show guys and gals ....

... and may all your hangovers be little ones

Hey rory, hope you're improving.

Maybe if you organise your own security event next time, we'll all have to come to you

Hey all

I am at the show.

For anyone that wants to me, please pm me.

Well...Not bad at all. We saw lots of produts and had fun at the tables too. Weather wasnt bad either..

Hope everyone had a good time.

Hey Monster,

Your right- the 360' camera was neat, but I didn't think it was the best new product. They say it's good for observation, no moving parts.

Are you talking about the camera at Richardson? The Capture camera? Extremely expensive and you also have to get some type of special recorder or software. The whole thing costs a fortune. I think you could buy about 6 PTZ domes for the same price. How did they get best of show?

Who decides what products are eligible for the various awards?

I can see some use for that camera but it's really, really situational. (I.E. I can only use one camera for fire code/looks/stupid client reasons)

There were a couple of them.

Basic theory: They use a curved mirror and lens to see 360 degrees. Then you use software to move the view like a PTZ.

Oh yeah I saw them a year ago, wasnt anything great though as far as quality goes .. the non movable so called PTZ Dome .. someone posted a link on that back then ..

Rory, I think the one your referencing is the IPIX version.

AV- Yes it's the Capture sold by Richardson. The judges are a panel of CCTV/IP industry elites .

Again, I posted some products I thought were more practical. Overall a great show. Many of the vendors had some pretty rough-looking video displays (mostly LCDs), which surprised me. I would select high quality or superfine mode and say "thats better." Oh well...

Well it's over PHEW>> I had a terrific time, checked out alot of new products- Sony has a new camera very similar to the COVI cam- however you don't need a PDA or Laptop to program pics during setup.

The best part of the show was meeting my customers and friends ... It was terrific meeting G-MEN and NORMINGANDER....You guys rock.

Any feedback on our booth?