DavidH

Dahua IPC-HFW3301C not working

Hi all,

Just bought 4 of the above spent all day wiring and drilling etc. Fired them up and only 2 appear to go onto the network. The two that work have both digital ethernet video and also analogue out of the BNC. I can access them etc. The other two definitely have power going to them but are not logging into the network. I cannot get an IP from them at all.

I tried to connect one directly to a laptop but still nothing. Any ideas? I tried to turn off and on again, tried the reset button but nothing.

After the problems I had with a crap company called Anran who are still refusing to refund me for my last cheap rubbish cameras I thought the Dahua ones would be everything I wanted in a camera but to find 2 ones possibly duff is very depressing.

If any Dahua reps are reading this I am not impressed and would like to find a solution quickly

David

I have a power supply checked the voltage on that and its 12.1volts going into it. Its a pretty large power supply so should not have any problems powering them. Here is a picture on eBay of it http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-10A-DC-Switching-Power-Supply-CCTV-110V-220V-OUT-/260739669030?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb54b9c26

Power is definitely getting to it, it appears stable and its 10amp rated so enough juice to keep them running. What are you thinking could it be a power supply issue??

Thanks

David

From china but an authorised dahua dealer definitely genuine have dahua etc on camera in silver writing. The config tool on cd only picks up 2 cameras. It gives me a ipv4 and ipv6 address for them. I can access them and change ip settings etc. May disconnect all of them tonight and power them up one at a time to see what happens. Strange though no analogue output from bnc output at all would have expected it to work no matter what was up with ip setup.

Yeah, you should bring them up one at a time with the others disconnected and set each IP. When that's done put them all in line. See if that helps.

Most of the Dahua equipment come 192.168.1.108 static so if you have more than one powered up, you will have an IP

conflict and you won't be able to access the camera. As mentioned, try one at a time. If that doesn't work, download angry IP

scanner and let the program find the cameras or use the config tool. What is the IP scheme of your network btw?

Just an update it turns out it is a power issue even though the cameras are lighting up there was not enough power. I disconnected all cameras. Connected one at a time still only 2 worked. Decided to connect one of the non working ones and started to up the voltage. At 12.5V the camera stared to network and analogue output. Connected all 4 and 2 went out again. Put the supply up to 12.7V and all was ok until all the IR LED's lit up have upped it again to 12.9V at present and all are working well.

Has anyone ever come across such a strange scenario the cables are about 15m long to the 2 non working cameras so maybe there was a bit of a voltage drop.

Now how do I set these up well !!!

This is why I asked what you were powering the cameras with. I ran into a similar problem trying to use a power supply and it would not even power one camera. I have noticed the Dahua's take a ton of power to get going.

ok many thanks I will consider buying one of these. Just been trying to get into the cameras with IE 10 and now updating to IE11 but have managed to lock the cameras.

I presume its just a turn off and turn on again to unlock? Google Chrome seems to work for these cameras but I am not convinced all the tabs are available such as the access to the path for video recording.

Also I don't see any easy way of accessing the data from the microSD cards I have installed in the camera.

David

We use Altronix power supplies. A little more expensive than generic stuff but never had one go bad. Not for cameras as those are PoE, but for access control and entry dialers.

If your not going the POE route and using a power supply. My preference is thermal fuses, not the old fashioned type that when they blow, you have

to dig up a new one with the same amps and all.

Appears only way of resetting is to push the reset button which in my case is not easy to access as the cable on the camera is no long enough to reach through my house wall so its unscrew camera from wall.

Anyone got an idiots guide to setting up dahua gdmss for android so I don't lock the cameras again and how do you access the footage on the micro sd card I really think something must be missing as it's not obvious to me.

Thanks fo any help such a novice in this.

David

We use Altronix power supplies. A little more expensive than generic stuff but never had one go bad. Not for cameras as those are PoE, but for access control and entry dialers.

I also ran an Altronix supply for 10 years with no problems. Finally retired it when I went all POE, but it was a great piece of gear, with multiple fused outputs.

ok thanks will have to look into these power supplies once I get everything set up.

Finally got IE 11 working with the cameras have to set it in compatibility mode that appears to work and also there were some missing tabs and buttons that you cannot see in Google Chrome.

Still can't find out how to access footage on the microSD card.

And even though I watched the youtube videos on setting up gDMSS I must be putting in some setting incorrectly as its not giving me access when away from home via my phone. Can anyone give me a bit of help?

I think I am making a mistake at the IP, user name and/or password part.

Thanks

David

Where can I download the config tool? I have the mini cd that came with camera but it won't work in my slot loading optical drive.

I think its number 3 on this page http://www.dahuasecurity.in/download_9.html and within that there is some config information for recording onto a PC. Other than that go directly via internet explorer and type in the IP address of the camera on your network and you will see the CCTV interface.

I ended up just recording constantly with my 3301's as I could not get motion detection to work correctly and quite a few other problems with these cameras. I have asked Dahua around 5 times now if there is any firmware update for the camera to make it more stable and an update of the PSS software but got nothing back.

I learnt more from the guys on this forum so thanks Dahua for nothing and CCTV forum for everything.

David

yes did not try link it is not working. Is there no way you can get someone to copy the small disc onto a full size disc or onto a memory stick maybe? Is there a way I could send it to you its around 50mb possibly by skype have seen that done before.

I am sure there is probably a more up to date version by now but prying that out of Dahua hands appears difficult.

David