vitaminn

Alarm accessories for IP PTZ camera ?

Hello,

I have two PTZ IP camera's that have alarm input outputs.

My understanding is that certain "triggers" will set off an "alarm".

I'm looking for creative triggers and alarm ideas ... what my options maybe.

I've heard of strobe lights and sirens as "alarms", anything else? Any creative triggers?

Thanks.

Trigger your camera to look in different directions when your alarms are triggered (by sensors or remote switching)

You can use your outputs to open gates, Turn on lights, Arm/disarm alarms..

Possibilities are endless really.

You could hook up a sub machine gun on a rotating motor that would kill anyone that walked on your lawn!! (not Recommended)

ou could hook up a sub machine gun on a rotating motor that would kill anyone that walked on your lawn!! (not Recommended)

Ill take your recommendation. haha

My personal one that I use for a wherehouse... is a single strobe (pulse) light and a single chirp audible sound. I mount them "near" the motion detect camera's that are scheduled for off-hours monitoring.

When motion is detected, the audible chirp will sound (once) followed by the single light pulse. I dont care who you are... unless your deaf, your natural reaction to ANY sound is to look towards it to see what the sound was...with the exception of an explosion, I guess) The pulse of light is designed to have them look in that direction (most of the time, upward to where the cameras are mounted), thus capturing a clean shot of your pretty face for video...and hopefully a mugshot later.

Just my .02 cents...

Edited by Guest

There's creative, and there's practical. Practically speaking, what do you need?

I don't need a lot and so I was looking for peoples creative installs...just to get some ideas.

My personal one that I use for a wherehouse... is a single strobe (pulse) light and a single chirp audible sound. I mount them "near" the motion detect camera's that are scheduled for off-hours monitoring.

When motion is detected, the audible chirp will sound (once) followed by the single light pulse. I dont care who you are... unless your deaf, your natural reaction to ANY sound is to look towards it to see what the sound was...with the exception of an explosion, I guess) The pulse of light is designed to have look in that direction (most of the time, upward to where the cameras are mounted), thus capturing a clean shot of your pretty face for video...and hopefully a mugshot later.

Dig it! I was thinking along similar lines (strobe and chirp). Nicely done RelaxIN.