Hey all,

got a Job of fixing an intellex DVR. The Dvr starts and runs as far as when the DVR software goes to start. I then get a Windows message saying that the DVR is going to reboot. it does, and the process starts again.

It looks to me like the software can't find the capture card so I'm wondering if there is a small program for detecting/testing the capture card on the intellex DVMS.

I had a quick look in c:\Drivers etc but couldn't find anything. Any help would be much appreciated.

I have also tested the HDD's etc and they are all fine. The windows end seems 100%

Many thanks

Hey all,

got a Job of fixing an intellex DVR. The Dvr starts and runs as far as when the DVR software goes to start. I then get a Windows message saying that the DVR is going to reboot. it does, and the process starts again.

It looks to me like the software can't find the capture card so I'm wondering if there is a small program for detecting/testing the capture card on the intellex DVMS.

I had a quick look in c:\Drivers etc but couldn't find anything. Any help would be much appreciated.

I have also tested the HDD's etc and they are all fine. The windows end seems 100%

Many thanks

Mother board dry caps or main power supply ?

Thanks for the quick reply.

The Caps look fine. No Bulging or bursting on them. They look pretty good.

The power supply is giving a clean 12V + and - and the 5 and 3.3 are clean too.

As i said the Windows o/s seems to be running fine.

Thanks for the quick reply!

** If i stop the DVR software from running, the machine will work perfectly in windows mode. When I launch the DVR program the system reboots almost immediately

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the quick reply.

The Caps look fine. No Bulging or bursting on them. They look pretty good.

The power supply is giving a clean 12V + and - and the 5 and 3.3 are clean too.

As i said the Windows o/s seems to be running fine.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Next step

remove card and uninstall soft

and how do u know that 12v, 5v are clean ?

Voltmeter only show voltage

Thanks AK357, I have a pc power supply tester which shows the Supply to be o.k.

I have also replaced it with a new one and the fault hasn't disappeared

Thanks

Thanks AK357, I have a pc power supply tester which shows the Supply to be o.k.

I have also replaced it with a new one and the fault hasn't disappeared

Thanks

Card was removed ?

Lets look at this system from a different angle... according to your findings, motherboard and the rest of the components, including the power supply are good... and windows is operating normal...

Do the following steps -

1. Make sure to turn Intellex off. Take out the VACD card out and reinsert back to its location and make sure it is sitting correctly in the respective PCI slot and start the machine. If the system still does not recognize, then change the location of the PCI connection on the motherboard and retest... We have seen PCI slot damaged, so it is possible.

2. When you go to Windows device manager, do you see the driver?

3. If the driver is not visible, then you may need to download the correct driver from American Dynamics website - just go to http://www.americandynamics.net, create an account and all the drivers are available.

4. If downloading the capture card or VACD card driver, make sure to match the version of your Intellex vs. the driver that you are downloading.

5. By the way, what version Intellex do you have? A product code can verify it as well, just in case...

Give these steps a trial and let us know the outcome. It is possible that your capture card may be damaged, but it is very rare...

Hi CCTC_Suppliers,

I managed to fix this DVR, Many thanks for your help. I had made a backup of the O/S which I had made previously which I had forgotten about. Reinstalled it and all is o.k now. Thanks for your help. Somehow the software had became currupt. I will keep your tips on hand for future reference.

Many thanks