khan888

Local/Remote Veiwing Help

Hi, I've installed a 4 camera system into my home problem is I cannot view the cameras locally via the software provided and also would like to setup remote viewing.

I've cant attach the DVR user manual and software manual, but if anyone could guide me that would be brilliant.

Thanks

When you say locally, I take it you mean as in over your LAN network? Just want to be clear if you look at a connected monitor everything is fine?

You need to figure out which port the services for your DVR are running on and make sure it is set to a static internal IP address, this will make things easier for you in the future. Once you have that information you should be able to put it into your browser and view your system.

That setup is also a preamble to setting up remote viewing, once you have completed the above you need to setup port forwarding and determine your external IP address, once you have done all that you go to a different network, say one at McDonalds and type in your remote IP address combined with the correct port informaiton (Called a socket) and it should all work.

There are some great articles in the networking forum about setting all this up.

Thanks for your replies. Yes over LAN network everything works ok I just want to view the cameras if I'm at work remotely.

I've setup port forwarding but for some reason my router/modem doesn't open up the port! I've found my external IP address just struggling to get connected.

My settings on the dvr are as follows:

Type: static ip

Port: 00080

Web port: 08080

IP address: 192.168.0.15

Netmask: 255.255.255.000

Gateway: 192.168.0.1

DNS server: (not sure what this should be)

It's a sumvision h.264 dvr.

Thanks

DNS in many cases is just the Gateway Address. I have one customer using Frontier of which isn't the case. Will try to find some info on the Sumvision DVR. h.264 isn't a model number but the kind of compression.

Thanks aibudo, doesn't give me a model number but it's a sumvision Hawkeye H.264 DVR BUILT-IN 7”LCD SECURITY SYSTEM +4 CCD Sony CAMERA

Cheers

I know no support for their own product....not good

I have the manual but it's too big to upload, Would it be possible if I can email it you?

Can you pm your email and ill get it sent over to you?Thanks worth a try im sure you know a little more then me

Has anyone got any idea?

Thanks

what have you done in your router to port forward?

Which ports have you forwarded?

What are you typing in to the browser to remote view?

I've forwarded ports 80 and 0808 but when i test ports via certain sites it says ports blocked!?

In my web browser i input 192.168.0.15:0808 and i have tried 192.168.0.15:80 should the ip address be the external address?

I've forwarded ports 80 and 0808 but when i test ports via certain sites it says ports blocked!?

In my web browser i input 192.168.0.15:0808 and i have tried 192.168.0.15:80 should the ip address be the external address?

Yes the ip address must be your external address 192.168.0.15 will not work outside your network. You need to use the external address and add the :XXXX with the port number. Also, many isp will not let you use port 80 so you need to change the port on the dvr to something else....try 8686