rashe

Dahua IPC-HDB3200C and motion detection problem

Hello,

I have 8 cameras (IPC-HDB3200C / Dahua) running on PSS. I want the cameras to record only when there is movement. I don't want 24 hours record because it needs a plenty of space which I haven't.

I've been trying different settings but none of them worked properly.

I also Googled and found no solutions.

Dahua have poor service and this last time I buy their products.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Get an NVR that supports PIR motion detectors and mount one by each camera, or better cameras that support attaching PIRs directly to the camera so that your software solution can read the motion alarm instead of using video-based motion detection.

Also, it might not hurt to update the firmware on your cameras and run the latest software. I've read that some versions of Dahua stuff had extremely fussy motion detection. The adjustment range between too sensitive and many missed real events was extremely small.

PSS is not the best choice for recording. Get better software. For free, try Milestone XProtect Go, supports up to 8 cameras, very good free smartphone apps and web client and low CPU use, even with server side motion detect with Dahua. Also, try BlueIris Software trial (if you buy the software it's cheap, $37 on eBay), works pretty well with Dahua cameras but may require a fast processor. Both will have pretty good motion detect algorithms and work way better than PSS.

Thanks for your help.

Both will have pretty good motion detect algorithms and work way better than PSS

I will try these software. Thanks!

BTW, I have tried "Axxon Next" but didn't record for me.

Hello,

i recently bought a IPC-HFW2100 camera and played with it for a while.

I can completely agree that the built-in motion detection of this camera is really rubbish.

I did set up FTP record on motion detection but all it does was recording the whole night

filling up my HDD

However beside that the camera is very stable and the image quality is quite ok. I do reboot the camera once a day.

I'm now using the camera in conjuction with this software for motion detection:

http://www.lavrsen.dk/foswiki/bin/view/Motion (it's open source and i'm cheap )

I'm also doing video capture via a custom python script on motion detection (using openRTSP and FFMPEG).

It was a little work to get it up and running but it's running stable ever since and it

doesn't take too much CPU power. I'm thinking about running this setup on a cheap

low power raspberry pi (2W).

hdo

I started using BlueIris.

The software is easy and meets the requirements of a normal user.

Its price is relatively cheap and it gives excellent value for money.

I think the software needs some interface improvements.

I thank the guys who helped me here and saved me lots of time " title="Applause" />

I also heard of BlueIris but it only runs on Windows and

i'm a linux guy

I started using BlueIris.

The software is easy and meets the requirements of a normal user.

Its price is relatively cheap and it gives excellent value for money.

I think the software needs some interface improvements.

I thank the guys who helped me here and saved me lots of time " title="Applause" />