Sign in to follow this  
SanjHere

Remote Viewing, Port Forwarding

Hiya All,

Can someone help me with remote viewing please?

I have a Qvis Atlantis and the instructions I have read say that I should forward port 34667 which is what I have done. I have also forwarded ports 37777 and 37778.

The media port on the DVR is 34567 and mobile port is 34599.

I use my external IP address as the host and I have tried all the above port numbers but cannot view remotely.

I have tried numerous apps but can't connect via mobile data but can via the internal IP.

Can anyone give me any help or advice please?

u wrote down 5 ports in total.Normally, what i have seen, the dvr uses port 80 , 34599 for mobile, and 34567 for media

If u just want to view it with mobile, opening port 34599 to the internal ip adres should be enough.

Make sure the mobile monitor is enable at the dvr settings.

after opened the port, you can check it out at www.canyouseeme.org

When it gives green ( succes ) its ok, otherwise ur doing something wrong.

Hello Normel,

Thank you for replying.

I can view the cameras through the internal IP address and Wi-Fi.

I cannot view the cameras when using mobile data and external IP address.

There was one piece of instruction that I should forward port 34667 to view remotely.

I have checked my port forwarding and that appears to be okay.

The fact that u can view on local internal ip and wifi only, is because port isnt open

Try to check interface of dvr, and findd out mobile port

it sshould be 34599

Hello Normel,

Thank you for replying again.

I checked port 334599 on canyouseeme.org and this is what I got:

Success: I can see your service on XX.XXX.XXX.XX on port (34599)

Your ISP is not blocking port 34599

I played around with the settings on the phone and what is strange is that I can view the cameras through my internal and external IP addresses but only on Wi-Fi. If I turn the Wi-Fi off and switch to Mobile Data I cannot view, I get the message "server unavailable".

Hello Normel,

No, I can view the cameras using my WiFi using the internal and external IP numbers but when I try and use mobile data I don't get any view.

I thought that when using the external IP with my mobile data I would be able to view the cameras when I am away from my house but I can't.

It's only showing when I use WiFi not mobile data.

Hello All,

I am still at it trying to view the CCTV remotely using my Data Plan.

I have viewed numerous videos regarding port forwarding and viewing remotely, making sure that I have followed all the steps correctly.

I have forwarded the Mobile Port required, 34599, for remote viewing and can view the cameras whilst I use the house WiFi but when I switch to my Mobile Data plan I keep getting the message "trying to connect" but it does not generate the video.

I am using my Computer's external IP address and Port Number in the Phone App when using my Mobile Data and the DVR IP address and port when using WiFi.

I have assigned the DVR to my home network.

The only thing I can think of now is maybe the Firewall settings of my O2 router need to be changed . . . . but I thought by doing the Port Forwarding this would by pass the Firewall? Has anyone had to change the Firewall settings to access their DVR's remotely? Or is this the bit I still need to do?

I do not want to start messing about with the Firewall settings if I can help it.

Any help or advice please?

Hello All,

An update on my remote viewing.

I was out of town and started playing around with the mobile app.

I was able to view the cameras on my mobile data . . . .

It looks like there is a mobile problem in my general area that will not let me view when I am out and about locally.

I actually live in the city and not some remote village so I am really surprised that I cannot view via mobile data in London!