Sign in to follow this  
khan888

Swan infrared not working!

Hi, i've installed a swan 4 camera dvr system but two camera's don't seem to be working at night...they are fine during the day. The infrared do not light up but when I hold up a digital camera to the bullet cam the infrared is on but very weak.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Seems the problem is from the power board of IR led. The power board in charge of power supply to all LED light.

I suggest you take a check with the PSU of camera kit also. If the power supply unit can't supply enough voltage to camera, the Led power board can't supply enough current to IR LED also. Maybe the distance from PSU to camera is far a bit. Check the output voltage at camera side.

Swann always focused on cheapest CCTV products. No surprise with the problems.

UAIChina

The psu is working fine, ive tested the voltage on the IR power board and getting 12v. Its strange these two cameras were purchased seperate from the dvr system and they are the two thats causing a problem

Hi

Not voltage,you need to test the Max. current the PSU supply. As far as I know, some supplier print DC12V 2A, but the ture current is only about 0.6A at most. This kind of PSU is very easy out of work.

You'd better find one DC12V 3A PSU to test your camera again.

UAIChina

An easy test would be to disconnect power from all but one of the cameras. If it's a PS current limit problem, that camera will start working.

The other common problem is too much voltage drop along the cable when the IR comes on. You can test that by either hooking up a PS with a short cable, or try a heavier gauge cable for power.

Plugged one camera directly into the psu and still the same issue, noticed the other camera is fine it's been installed in darkness hence why i cant hardly see anything....how would i get round this would installing a floodlight help?

Tried other cameras from the same psu and working fine.