Hi

I'm looking for a reasonably priced CCTV system for external home use, 4 cameras, ability to record, possibly infrared, night vision and also see images on smartphone when away from home.

'Reasonably priced' I admit could be a very varied figure. However, I have had a number of quotes from CCTV installers as well as people saying that good systems like this can be purchased from ebary and B&Q. Also, others have remarked that some installers will greatly inflate the price.

I admit, I don't have the time, as easy as it may be to install myself. I don't want a wireless system, but would greatly appreciate what sort of price ranges I would be looking at to pay.

Thanks

What maybe good for you is a bundled system. The best I've seen is the Messoa bundle with 4 HD camera, PoE switch, hard drive, NVR and saw it on sale for $849. I'll PM you the link. If you bought these separately, it can cost you double as each camera can easily cost $300+ from a reputable store.

Around £800, may push to £1000, but ideally £700-£800.

Just want to make sure that if I get a cctv installer to do it, they aren't charging me well over the odds, as I haven't a clue what i'm looking for, as so much info to take in regarding camera types and specs etc.

Hi good budget ......... HD-SDI 2 or 3mp would be at your low end budget.

not hard to install if your a little handy.

and a 1000 times better than B&Q systems

Sorry, not familiar with what's available in the UK and many times, what's a bargain in the U.S. may cost a lot more in the UK due to VAT and import duties.

Was referring more to tomcctv's reply, didnt mean anything to me !

I was only asking what part of country you was in so as you could go view hd-sdi units to see what is available

I can send you links but your not trade so price goes above your budget

I hate when people think we shouldn't make a living installing CCTV systems, they complain they don't understand how to do it themselves, then they complain when they have to pay an hourly install rate.

Not saying this was the case with you just speaking in general here.

I hate when people think we shouldn't make a living installing CCTV systems, they complain they don't understand how to do it themselves, then they complain when they have to pay an hourly install rate.

Yes I agree, domestic customers are a pain in the arse most of the time. They think the best equipment costs about £200 quid and we should fit for minimum wage rates.

Well sorry Mr domestic customer , I can network a cctv system for remote viewing in about 5 minutes, which is about 6 days ,15 hours and 5 minutes faster than you, so that is why we charge what we do !

Yes I agree, domestic customers are a pain in the arse most of the time. They think the best equipment costs about £200 quid and we should fit for minimum wage rates.

Well sorry Mr domestic customer , I can network a cctv system for remote viewing in about 5 minutes, which is about 6 days ,15 hours and 5 minutes faster than you, so that is why we charge what we do !

LOL!!! Thank you for the laugh! You are so correct! Atleast 95% of customers are that way especially here in the US.