wozzzzza

Can you put an IP camera on a BNC cable??

I have a setup of older cameras and DVR, 12VDC and BNC connectors to cameras that plug in. I can get hold of some IP cameras that I can install on this setup, but the wiring is very hard to replace with network cable and wondering if it is possible to retrofit an IP camera in place of the old analogue ones to make it fit these BNC connections hanging out the wall?? all the wiring I think has been put in when the building was constructed.

the DVR will be the same, still analogue with bnc connections.

Sounds like you're into wasting your time, which is what you'll be doing if you attempt this. If you want to use IP cams, you're going to need to upgrade the wiring and replace the DVR with an NVR.

I have a setup of older cameras and DVR, 12VDC and BNC connectors to cameras that plug in. I can get hold of some IP cameras that I can install on this setup, but the wiring is very hard to replace with network cable and wondering if it is possible to retrofit an IP camera in place of the old analogue ones to make it fit these BNC connections hanging out the wall?? all the wiring I think has been put in when the building was constructed.

Yes you can. There are a number of manufacturers who offer Ethernet over coax converters

Ilkie

Yes you can. There are a number of manufacturers who offer Ethernet over coax converters

Ilkie

can you give me any? google is no help for what I am putting in.

Ilkie

can you give me any? google is no help for what I am putting in.

Try

AXIS T8640

NVT NV-EC1701

Veracity VHW-HWQ HIGHWIRE QUAD Ethernet over coaxial for four POE cameras

Ilkie

You could always switch over to HD-SDI. It'll cost you, but you can keep your cables in place. You'd need an HD-SDI recorder and HD-SDI cameras. Money, but an upgrade to HD without ripping out your cables.

this is a job on the cheap, just a mate of mine as a couple of IP cameras he don't want any more he said I can have cheap, but don't want to spend on a new DVR or other stuff. will just wait until some second hand decent analogue cameras come up somewhere