sdirge

Camera Line

Hi,

My company is looking at a new line of cameras, I have a few questions:

1. Would it be a good idea to standardize on 1 manufacturer ie. GE or JVC

2. What are some of the better camera mfr's?

We have been using ganz and everfocus the everfocus is ok, so far I have been very unhappy with ganz.

Thanks

Steve

a few things to mention are obvious and yet hard to find in most wholeslaers out there; great tech support, great product, and RESPECTFUL & PROFESSIONAL interaction with you.

I've got a short list of those who are professional based on my personal experiences in dealing day in and out with them. Once they forget who writes the checks I stop spending my money on them.

equipment in general is easy to find. it's the people behind the product that makes the difference for me.

unfortunately not 1 manufacturer has a complete line of cameras for every application. Some come very close, such as GE, but in all reality you need to pick a camera by how it performs, and ofcourse how it looks comsmectically makes a difference also, so generally you will find yourself buying from several manufacturers.

What i do is pick the best camera for each application, and you end up with quite a few manufacturers, but the best of the best.

You can go by some reviews on forums such as this, or test for yourself. One thing I would never do is sell a camera I have never used.

Thanks,

We are currently purchasing from ADI and there system design people have screwed us into a non returnable product a few times allready.

I forgot some information about our company,

I have been in low voltage security for 10 years, we are mostly a Burg/Fire company who thinks we can do CCTV, for the most part we are not experts with CCTV and for some reason I cant convinse the owner of this.. So since he insists on selling CCTV I am trying to do the best I can with learning the product, terms, in & outs. Now he wants to sell central vac systems ARGH!!!

Thanks Again

Steve

Yep, isnt everyone ..

the alarm monitoring co i used to work for, they are doing CCTV now, since i left them a few years back, and ofcourse they are always asking advice .. they're doing 20 other things as well so they dont spend the time with CCTV as i do ...

The first suggestion is get rid of ADI, go with more CCTV Minded Distributors, TRI-ED, NORTHEN VIDEO, ETC.

ADI is the most Expensive DIST that I have encountered.

I second that!! Northern Video has been very good to us. Very good customer service and prices. Plus they are the only ones who give out beer at the ISC Expo

Hi,

I contacted northern they seem really nice, sending me out some info so ill check them out thanks!!

hey SD, we are a cctv distributor as well, and carry all the lines that Northern does and alot more. we also offer full tech support. PM me for any pricing that you should need.

Howard

SpyTown.com

Hey SD...

One very significant difference though between Spytown and Northern (for example) that you really should consider.

Email me and I'll share it with you - - I don't want to "go public" with my thoughts (kinda like I don't want my distributor to "go public" with my costs, ya know?)