dewalty

recorded lagging of video frames

Hi

Anyone come across this before?

Picture attached shows a vehicle leaving slowly. Axis p3367 @1600x1200 9.6Mbps via a 3COM Baseline Switch 2426 poe, Computer has a RTL8169 realtek gigabit pci card, intel xeon x5550 2.67GHz. 4gig RAM

Only one other camera is also being recorded which is a HIKVISION 2CD2032

All so happens on the other camera when motion is recorded.

Thoughts?

Cheers

test-9a.thumb.jpg.15ccc401eb3f9b76ce37dc95ee172e6a.jpg

Hi

Anyone come across this before?

Picture attached shows a vehicle leaving slowly. Axis p3367 @1600x1200 9.6Mbps via a 3COM Baseline Switch 2426 poe, Computer has a RTL8169 realtek gigabit pci card, intel xeon x5550 2.67GHz. 4gig RAM

Only one other camera is also being recorded which is a HIKVISION 2CD2032

All so happens on the other camera when motion is recorded.

Thoughts?

Cheers

Looks like a possible MP4 codec decompression issue. Have you tried viewing the files on a different computer?

This is what I'm seeing from the native file exported from Avigilon. The system was previously using a H264 analogue encoder with no issues regarding picture break up.

If you can, install Axis Camera Companion (ACC link below, it's totally free) and have it record either to a microSD card if you have one to put in the camera or to a NAS. Then look at the video recorded through the ACC windows program to see if the issue is with Axis or Avigilon. If you are not seeing this in the live view, then my guess is something is going on either with a network issue or Avigilon software (Avigilon ACC, not to be confused with Axis ACC) -

http://www.axis.com/en/products/cam_companion_software/index.htm

might be a bandwidth problem. what kind of switch are you using? if you are just using a router it probably can't handle the mpbs.

might be a bandwidth problem. what kind of switch are you using? if you are just using a router it probably can't handle the mpbs.

I'll second that, or its a resource issue. I had the exact same problem, images freezing or leaving ghosting trails from moving objects when I was trying to use an entry level Netgear ReadyNas for 6 cams to record to directly.

Swapped it out for a much higher spec'd nas (better processor etc.) and the problem went away.

Hope this helps

Brenning