lordian_g

Best PTZ camera brand

From your experience, what are the best PTZ camera brands out there in the market in terms of reliability? Both analog and IP based.

I agree with all of the above EXCEPT and like to add the Dahua 20xPTZ 2MP IP camera. I've installed and used the above BUT they come with a premium price. The Dahua beats them hands down on the overall quality pic, both day & night. The IR does work out to 250ft. and provides a decent pic at that distance.

Apples to apples...............the others are oranges and can't spec upto the Dahua.

Reliability? I've had one running in Idaho weather for over 2 years now and it has with stood all. I would not deploy to a rime ice area without a Dotworkz enclosure. At the Dealer price, I could buy (2) fer one of the BIG name brands.

If you need tech support, than your not a pro " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

If you need tech support, than your not a pro " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

^^Something amateurs say

And sometimes tech support is the best place to verify and/or report a bug that you've discovered yourself. With the complicated stuff and with a huge selection of cameras and dizzying combinations of software and firmware versions, etc, everybody needs tech support. Pros just don't usually need it for the basic stuff.

I agree with all of the above EXCEPT and like to add the Dahua 20xPTZ 2MP IP camera. I've installed and used the above BUT they come with a premium price. The Dahua beats them hands down on the overall quality pic, both day & night. The IR does work out to 250ft. and provides a decent pic at that distance.

Apples to apples...............the others are oranges and can't spec upto the Dahua.

Reliability? I've had one running in Idaho weather for over 2 years now and it has with stood all. I would not deploy to a rime ice area without a Dotworkz enclosure. At the Dealer price, I could buy (2) fer one of the BIG name brands.

well, let's make it like this, compare security cameras to smartphone brand, some people prefer iPhone, someone like Motorola, others like HTC etc. We need to choose the proper one according to our budget and preference.

From your experience, what are the best PTZ camera brands out there in the market in terms of reliability? Both analog and IP based.

Pelco.com

philip

^^Something amateurs say

Agreed, wireguys. Anyone who thinks they don't need tech support is like the defendant in a criminal case who thinks they don't need an attorney.

Interesting analogy.

^^Something amateurs say

Agreed, wireguys. Anyone who thinks they don't need tech support is like the defendant in a criminal case who thinks they don't need an attorney.

I'm looking for a cost-efficient PTZ camera as well! Any advice from you pros?

hi there ive been using several of these now and i find people are very impressed, i can recommend these also because i have 4 of these bad boys on the house two front and two rear i pay approx £265 plus delivery direct from supplier.

http://www.cctvdiscover.com/ptz-cameras-mini-ptz-cameras-c10_13/10x-zoom-600tvl-mini-ptz-speed-dome-for-outdoor-daynight-p162.html

will upload some stills from the cameras in operation later after i return later

Does that camera have any manual control of the IR or is it just auto with nightfall. Is the only way they stay off by putting it in color mode? Any chance you can post a picture of the thing installed on your home so I can get an idea of the size? Not a closeup persay, but something that indicates the size and how it looks on your home. I've been interested in a second ptz on the back of my house.

Does that camera have any manual control of the IR or is it just auto with nightfall. The camera has full iris and focus control, and the camera changes via a built in ir light detector for day night the camera chanes to black white mode at a light level you setup i think mine is setup to approx 3 which is fine for the light level round these parts but different installs need different settings,

Is the only way they stay off by putting it in color mode? No the ir comes on and off by use of built in light sensor, and the camera changes to black and white or colour as the light level falls on the light sensor.

Any chance you can post a picture of the thing installed on your home so I can get an idea of the size? Yes pictures have been uploaded,

Not a closeup persay, but something that indicates the size and how it looks on your home.

I've been interested in a second ptz on the back of my house.

ive been very impressed and the two big clients that have got these installed at their pub and storage facility have been very impressed, i have mine linked to a dedicated micros ds2 with alarm unit and it works very well we have these insalled on a bungalow so not really more than 12 feet high.

post-46-0-38608200-1378847442.thumb.jpg.cb0f439bcb08b51041cafa95e7831a13.jpg

post-46-0-71840100-1378847850.jpg.bc192444410a33d5da6849eff5cd454f.jpg

post-46-0-90137400-1378847508.thumb.jpg.26fe5ae35e52077e350e85f95c93abbf.jpg

i picture of night shot where no light other than whats produced from the camera. distance is approx 15m

i also installed a covert number plate camera in the drive lampost

post-46-0-41765200-1378847884.jpg.55c3ff0ca0af3dc0d7fd5785a0421fb6.jpg

numplate.thumb.JPG.9bf4689786f9755815b1d6766abc8c15.JPG

Thanks for those pics. It's a bit bigger than I was thinking, but not bad. So the IR simply comes on at night and off in the day via the sensor. No real control and not ideal, but it's to be expected at that price point I suppose. Is the IR adaptive at all? As in smart IR, where it will change intensity depending on zoom depth? And especially, if you zoom tight on a persons face? Or will it blow out details to just white? Again I'm guessing it's not adaptive. I could have some flexibility in the zoom- it doesn't need to be 27x for the spot I need it. But I can't compromise on the IR specs. They have to be adaptive or it just ends up being one big blast of IR. So that just equals more money, really. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for those pics. It's a bit bigger than I was thinking, but not bad. So the IR simply comes on at night and off in the day via the sensor. No real control and not ideal, but it's to be expected at that price point I suppose. Is the IR adaptive at all? As in smart IR, where it will change intensity depending on zoom depth? And especially, if you zoom tight on a persons face? Or will it blow out details to just white? Again I'm guessing it's not adaptive. I could have some flexibility in the zoom- it doesn't need to be 27x for the spot I need it. But I can't compromise on the IR specs. They have to be adaptive or it just ends up being one big blast of IR. So that just equals more money, really. Thanks for the info.

hi shockwave the the ir can be made to come on on its own aswell thru a menu and depending how zoomed in it is, ill have a play with the ir control and see if it works as a seperate control aswell.

Well that's encouraging. You should noodle around in there and for sure let me know what you find. You may very well improve the IR performance by doing so.