TITANAS

NVR Big Problem Pc Freeze without BSOD ???

I have Intel i7 4770 - 2x4 GB Ram - 120 gb ssd - OS Windows 7 Home 64bit.

2x4TB Seagate - Motherboard Gigabyte b85-hd3 and 20 geovision ip cam.

600w supply corsair cx model.

Geovision 8.5.8

Everything work fine , no lags cpu load 10%~20% , cpu temp 40~55 Celsius.

PC frozen randomly one or two times a day and only with restart button start again, just without a problem.

I try everything. Install again windows, geovision. Try 2x2gb ram, Buy same hardware new again. The crazy problem is here.

If someone can help, please tell me what can i do to solve this crazy problem.

I try send e-mail to geovision tomorrow.

Thanks guys.

Philip - Greece

I have also same problem with this one both IP cams and Analog cams. system always Freeze without any reason we already conducted several test but still FAIL! together with Geovision.

I think the system doesn't compatible with the GIGABYTE board all do we use high motherboard specification.

- now we were changing board system. i use ASUS motherboard 6 series chipset. compare to what im using before the GIGABYTE 7 series chipset. Hope it will work. same Procie, memory and built in videocard.

I have seen issues on 2 different systems running v8.5.8(both 'hybrid' analog+IP):

-NVR-A = Win8Pro x64 on Gigabyte EP43-UD3L

-NVR-B = Server2008-R2 on Asus P8H61-M LE/CSM

When you run the 'webcam server', the "gv-mobile-server" service uses 100% cpu time. Tried many different settings, finally 'fixed' by rolling back to v8.5.7 which had been rock solid. I know your CPU usage is low, wanted to mention this because I think there is some issues with v8.5.8.

-what AHCI drivers are you using? I have had lockup/BSOD issues with Intel Rapid Storage drivers and certain SSDs, standard MSAHCI drivers are much more stable IMO

-Set Windows to never turn off the hard drives (in the past I have seen some SSDs lock up when the OS power mgmt kicks in)

-run a hardware stress test(prime95) for at least 8 hours, if it locks up, your problem is hardware: motherboard/power supply/memory/cpu/possibly SSD...

-uninstall v8.5.8 and install v8.5.7, maybe it is a GV bug...I have 8.5.7 running on ~10 systems and no issues with it, but the two I upgraded to 8.5.8 both had issue described above...