turboturbo

Hardware setup for 26 CCTV @1080 @ 24hr/day

So I decided to go with 23pcs of Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-I(S)

Hardware setup for 26 CCTV recording @1080P @ 24hr/day.

I would like to keep the record for 15days. What kind of hardware setup is recommend? i will need a switch suggestions too.

thanks!

What frame rate will you record at?

Will you include audio?

How much action do you anticipate in these scenes?

How much of the time will be in darkness?

Do you have any bandwidth limitations?

Just a very basic calculation without knowing any of these answers means you will need roughly 15TB of recording space to hold 15 days of continuous video with audio. That means you will need a NAS or a rather healthy DVR. I can recommend a few, but I am betting I will be way higher than your budget. What do you plan to spend on this?

hmm, it will be at either 15 or 30FPS

audio for a few cameras

Actions scenes? well, I really do not know. cus the around 20 of the cameras will be pointing a the plants, not sure if motion detection will work well as the plant grows through the night.

around 9 hours will be in the night, completely dark.

We don't necessary need streaming directly to the phone or other mobile devices, but would be great to have. I have check the bandwidth we have later.

I really do not know what to expect to spend, but seems to me CCTV is very justifiable for security, labor management and insurance claims.

Totally prefer something easy to set up.

I was thinking split the set up to 4 computers (4 x 8port PoE switches).

Buy one of these...

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/proliant-servers/product-detail.html?oid=5415154#!tab=features

throw a pair of 10k 300's in it for boot, then fill the rest with 1 or 2 tb disks and raid it, job done

for Switch's a HP V1910-24G POE (375w) ~$1200 each if you don't need 24 port then just get packs of cheap 8 port PoE switch's (around $120 each, no fans, no management)

hmm, it will be at either 15 or 30FPS

audio for a few cameras

Actions scenes? well, I really do not know. cus the around 20 of the cameras will be pointing a the plants, not sure if motion detection will work well as the plant grows through the night.

around 9 hours will be in the night, completely dark.

We don't necessary need streaming directly to the phone or other mobile devices, but would be great to have. I have check the bandwidth we have later.

I really do not know what to expect to spend, but seems to me CCTV is very justifiable for security, labor management and insurance claims.

Totally prefer something easy to set up.

I was thinking split the set up to 4 computers (4 x 8port PoE switches).

how is the plant growing by fractions of a mm going to affect motion?

how is the plant growing by fractions of a mm going to affect motion?

I know at the very least in Milestone you can tune out "noise" with the Motion configuration.

"plants"

HAHAHA I see what you did there

where was it that's legalised it?