dorough

PTZ cam not tilting up all the way?

I have installed one of these cameras: http://www.securitycameraking.com/20x-2-megapixel-infrared-ip-network-ptz-security-camera-59117-prd1.html

It's really a phenomenal camera, but I'm having one issue with it. It's not tilting all the way up. After initial installation, when zoomed all the way out, I could see a small amount of sky above the tree line, and when I zoomed in it would zoom to a spot on the ground, which was in effect, the center of the field of view.

I recently physically went up to the camera to clean the lens and in the process, naturally moved the camera head around some. When I went back to the NVR, I was very surprised to find that I could now tilt up much higher and see a lot more sky. When I zoomed in, the camera was center up in the sky. I could watch airplanes, see antennas & smoke stacks, etc. way above the tree line.

Then recently, for no known reason, I'm back to being "land locked." I can't zoom into anything above the tree line. I'm back to being very limited in my far distance viewing because the camera doesn't want to tilt up any more.

Any ideas what's going on? After seeing what this camera can do, I'm actually feeling locked in to "low ground viewing."

If your zoomed out and all the way up, when you zoom in, your camera is technically still all the way up that it can be. When you zoom in, it does not go down. If you were able to push it up, that doesn't mean that it can go that high normally. Another note, if you can see the sky while zoomed out, than the camera is looking high enough. I could be wrong, but that's what I think.

Edit- I thought you were talking about a different camera. Sorry.

The camera probably restarted for some reason and reverted back. Try moving it to where you like again. Make sure there is no reboot schedule you might have engaged. This solution can work, but I would recommend you learn how much you move the camera from a preset position. This way you adjust it the same exact way every time you need to, and that will help all of your presets remain as you position them initially with the camera tilted up a bit.

This just got a little more interesting. As of yesterday when I wrote the initial post, my camera wasn't tilting up to its max. Early this morning, our maintenance man shut the system down (by just unplugging it all) to replace a UPS. After he plugged it all back in, the camera was able to tilt up higher - like I want it to. Obviously, now all of my preset positions are wrong and need to be reprogrammed. I'm puzzled. Thoughts?!?

Here are some comparison images that I made of the before & after reboot tilt up maximums...

66664420_TiltUpMaxDemo.thumb.jpg.c943b12ac2264ad70bed889ea636e0fe.jpg

This just got a little more interesting. As of yesterday when I wrote the initial post, my camera wasn't tilting up to its max. Early this morning, our maintenance man shut the system down (by just unplugging it all) to replace a UPS. After he plugged it all back in, the camera was able to tilt up higher - like I want it to. Obviously, now all of my preset positions are wrong and need to be reprogrammed. I'm puzzled. Thoughts?!?

Here are some comparison images that I made of the before & after reboot tilt up maximums...

Hi

Yes this is Dahua 's PTZ

The reason : The dome is so heavy and the motor is not strong enough .

Normally the step-motor goes step by step( 0.9 degree per step or less ) , but sometimes because it is too heavy it can not move rightly .

So when power it on , the ptz will restores .

you can reply this information to the seller .

Philip