Anderino

Dahua NVR 3208 display/channels

Does anyone know how to set this NVR to default to viewing only 4 cameras on reboot?

Every time I reboot this or it auto reboots it displays 8 cameras but I only have 4 connected so it would be helpful to default to 4.

Also how do I change which camera goes to which channel as at the moment they have just gone into 1-4 in the order I connected them?

Thanks

It's an 8 channel nvr so it will automatically display 8 channels upon boot up. How often are you rebooting it and why? If you want the cameras in a different order, you need to delete the IP's of each camera via remote device and reenable them for the

channels you want in the order you want.

Seems like it would be an easy optional for Dahua to add. I have the same issue with my 3216V, but I turned off the auto-reboot option, so that helps a lot.

Wow, you really can not change that somehow...? I do not have any Dahua unit handy now so I an not check, but I find it strange that there is not some setting where you can choose how many cameras, and which, will be shown by default on screen.

Just connect mouse to NVR with a monitor connected, go into "menu" under "display" you should see "tour", check the box then uncheck all of the boxes except the (tour) that you desire.

Any pattern you choose will stay upon a reboot. The issue with the cameras in wrong order would be solved by deleting all cameras under remote device and re-enroll them in the order you prefer.

Cheers.

I have turned off auto maintain that rebooted it every week. Does it not need this, I assumed as it was on by default it needed to?

When I try to delete the cameras under remote devices the delete button doesn't work. All the cameras were added automatically and now they wont delete. If I am a camera manually I can deleted but not the ones that are auto added, any ideas?

The TOUR settings dont change what I require, this just changes the flicking through all the channels.

In the lowrer box, you need to check and/or highlight the camera than click delete. None of the cameras were auto added.

At one point, they had to have been found and added. Do you have a built in POE in your NVR or an external?

In the lower box the delete button is grey. If I add another camera the delete button is red and I can click that and delete it. The grey button does nothing?!

Thanks for taking the time to send me your screen shot. My explaination of what I did was directly on the NVR. I have just tried it from the web login and I get this error:

dahua.JPG.d814950b97a83b28d910901479fb549a.JPG

Where do you view your cameras- at the nvr monitor all the time or remotely? Remotely you can use PSS and make a task which will bring up only four cameras in the order you choose every time you open it. At the nvr, if nothing else works and if you haven't gotten too deep into custom settings, you can probably take all four lines out, default the nvr, and then plug the lines back in the order you want them. Goofy way to do it I think, but if all else fails it'd probably work. And turn off auto reboot. Not needed.

Where do you view your cameras- at the nvr monitor all the time or remotely? Remotely you can use PSS and make a task which will bring up only four cameras in the order you choose every time you open it. At the nvr, if nothing else works and if you haven't gotten too deep into custom settings, you can probably take all four lines out, default the nvr, and then plug the lines back in the order you want them. Goofy way to do it I think, but if all else fails it'd probably work. And turn off auto reboot. Not needed.

Appreciate that. I view them on a 'remote' monitor cabled directly to the NVR. I have turned off auto reboot and they now stay put. Is there any reason to use auto reboot, I know on my old DVR if I didnt reboot, it would lock up?

Frankly I don't see any reason to reboot if nothing gets weird. Along the way if it does, then manually reboot. But it's likely you'll never have to. Once in a great while I reboot my dvr cause ptz communication needs a refresh. But even that's rare.

One thing I really liked about dedicated NVRs when I ran them was the stability. I could go for years between reboots if there were no power outages. These were from the early days of online access, so networking was primitive, and we didn't use it much.