CraigVM62

Digital Watchdogs 5 year limited warranty FAIL

I have a 2 year old VMAX-480 which started having major issues after being installed for 2 months. Pulled, placed backed in box and sat it on a shelf telling myself to not forget to contact DW for warranty service. 18 months later I finally get around to contacting them with the thought that I am glad they have a 5 year warranty. Contacted them to get an RMA and included a requested copy of the receipt from ADI who is the authorized distributor from whom I purchased the unit. Digital Watchdog informs me that it falls under "Limited Warranty" which I think is no problem since they promote a "industry leading 5 year limited warranty" Problem is they state their limited warranty only covers the hard drive. Everything else will be my responsibility, including a $95 estimate fee that must be paid up front. Parts, Labor, Return Shipping will be my responsibility, again unless it is only a hard drive issue.

Has anyone else dealt with Digital Watchdog and warranty issues ???

Sorry to hear that, but it doesn't surprise me. I had a 1-year-old VMax Flex that took a power hit and took out the network adapter inside. They quote me a repair cost that was only $50 less that a totally new unit. I kicked them to the curb and bought a Dahua instead. Best of luck to you!