ron352

View cameras remotely on Android phone with Uverse service

Our family have different DVRs stand alone ones and o the network and have no trouble viewing each others homes remote from computers.

We all have AT&T Uverse service as our internet connections.

My question is with viewing remotely why there are times our Androids will connect to the DVR and are able to view the cameras and other times not.

Could this be a port number with ISP issue possibly.

Like we use the 15610 port number and maybe the internet provider don't like that port as much as if we were to use say port 3000 for example?

Or does these apps for Iphones and Android phones just have some slight issues that need ironed out.

Looking here for help if anyone else had similar issues on viewing remote by phone and how they found to cure the intermitent problem.

Well I take it no one knows. It seems if in the same basement where the dvr is located viewing the cameras on the android don't work, or usually won't. But go away from the house it does. Guess this will remain a mystery.

Well I take it no one knows. It seems if in the same basement where the dvr is located viewing the cameras on the android don't work, or usually won't. But go away from the house it does. Guess this will remain a mystery.

That is probably because your routers do not have "NAT loopback".

When you connect to a DVR from outside the same network, you have to use the public IP, when you connect from the same network, you have to use the network IP. You are probably using some dynamic DNS service, and when you are on the basement with the router probably connected to your wifi, so your router does not know where to send the connection when you try to see the cameras. Once you are away, the wifi network is disconnected, and when you try to connect you are using 3G/whatever, so it works.

Thanks for the reply Mindtwist. That makes sense, I had also mentioned this very same thing to my sister the other day.

If she is in her basement like 10 feet from the DVR it won't connect. I think we tried disabling the wifi on the android but still didn't connect, but maybe we should have waited longer.

We will have to try messing with it again. It used to connect in the basement before, seems it started not connecting maybe a month ago.

I will return with a follow up if we narrow it down.

Thanks again,

Ron

You know, I have the exact same setup with AT&T Uverse and a Samsung DVR in my case, and I can see the cameras just great on my home network, but if I turn off wi-fi and go to 4G on my iPhone, no video cam feed, it says it cannot connect to network. I am stumped. What am I missing here?