Numb-nuts

The strangest reason for having CCTV?

As an installer that also supplies systems to customers, they always tell me why they feel they need CCTV.

Among the strangest was a lady and her husband that wanted to discover who was stealing her underwear

off their washing line. They confirmed it was happening as they counted the items on their line when they

first became suspicious, so knew for sure they weren't imagining it.

Within days of completing the job, I had an email letting me know they had recorded a friend of the husband,

sneaking into their garden and stealing her underwear. He can clearly be seen removing pegs and immediately

SNIFFING the items before secreting them in his shirt and exiting the garden over the fence.

They asked me to put the evidence onto a CD for them and the now ex-friend was arrested and cautioned by police.

It would be fun to hear your stories.

As an installer that also supplies systems to customers, they always tell me why they feel they need CCTV.

Among the strangest was a lady and her husband that wanted to discover who was stealing her underwear

off their washing line. They confirmed it was happening as they counted the items on their line when they

first became suspicious, so knew for sure they weren't imagining it.

Within days of completing the job, I had an email letting me know they had recorded a friend of the husband,

sneaking into their garden and stealing her underwear. He can clearly be seen removing pegs and immediately

SNIFFING the items before secreting them in his shirt and exiting the garden over the fence.

They asked me to put the evidence onto a CD for them and the now ex-friend was arrested and cautioned by police.

It would be fun to hear your stories.

Arnold Layne,

had a strange,

hobby.....

I know someone whose wife's panties were being stolen by his hired man who was also something like his 2nd cousin. He was sneaking into the house somehow during the day and taking them from her dresser. I can't remember how he got caught though.

Strangest thing I can think of that I caught on film was someone snooping around and then peeing in my driveway before wandering off without apparently taking anything. Never would've known it if I hadn't reviewed the motion event footage as a matter of habit.

most weird thing we ever caught on our cctv was a male coming to edge of driveway and peeing up our hedge in early evening all caught on cctv police cautioned the person responsible

PEEING is a fairly common one, I forget the number of times I've seen this. Both men and women! (not at the same time you understand lol)

I remember recently showing a bunch of office girls how to operate IVMS4200 on the large screen in their office. While we were doing it, the cameras overlooking the loading bays and the trucks queuing to load up. One of the girls said 'whats he upto?' I daid well let see and handed her the mouse and she double clicked the relevant camera. Suddenly he reached down and facing the camera started to pull something out. "Oh" said I as we all realized what was about to happen. One of the girls suggested we retrive the recording and load it on YOUTUBE... (I'm not saying if they did as I don't know)

I've viewed several of idiots peeing in the shop doorway of client's shops one even peeing close to the bread rolls left outside a burger place by their bakery. The nerve of some people. I do blame local government to some degree since I can't remember the last time I saw a public toilet. They were everywhere when I was a boy, now they have all dissapeared but men and (women) haven't stopped peeing

Another incident I viewed was two horses making whoopee, the camera was meant as a foaling camera, but was left in place after the successful foaling. Just as well really they'll be needing it again soon I imagine

BUT THE QUESTION WAS, THE WEIRDEST REASON FOR BUYING CCTV FROM A CUSTOMER OR END USER.

I remember a few months ago there was a vid I saw of some woman jogger taking a dump in a persons driveway. Did it twice over a period of days and they were asking for help trying to ID the person.

This was reported on the local news a few week ago. Apparently some guy got fed up with scumbags peeing on his building, so he installed a remote-controlled shower.

http://www.youtube.com/dan291968

On my own cams I have captured countless instances of public urination. Usually the perps are drunk and/or high teenage males. The one time I saw a girl do it I was sitting in my truck in a parking lot while my wife was shopping; a girl dropped trou right in front of me, squatted down in the landscaping, and let loose. I guess when ya gotta go, ya gotta go.

This was reported on the local news a few week ago. Apparently some guy got fed up with scumbags peeing on his building, so he installed a remote-controlled shower.

http://www.youtube.com/dan291968

On my own cams I have captured countless instances of public urination. Usually the perps are drunk and/or high teenage males. The one time I saw a girl do it I was sitting in my truck in a parking lot while my wife was shopping; a girl dropped trou right in front of me, squatted down in the landscaping, and let loose. I guess when ya gotta go, ya gotta go.

THIS JUST HAS TO BE A SETUP since there is no overlay on the footage and the camera moves with it's operator. But a jollu funny one though. I like the way the operator let them get into full flow but the squatter, I'd have called the police. A simple fence would stopp all thee people coming to the corner.

The most obvious benefit is that the unit is no subject to the failure of any type of wiring, because CCTV cameras use wireless technology in order to accomplish their task. The absence of wiring which may fail or be cut means that there’s virtually no chance of something going wrong with the system, and even a clever thief won’t be able to circumvent the camera by severing the connection.

The most obvious benefit is that the unit is no subject to the failure of any type of wiring, because CCTV cameras use wireless technology in order to accomplish their task. The absence of wiring which may fail or be cut means that there’s virtually no chance of something going wrong with the system, and even a clever thief won’t be able to circumvent the camera by severing the connection.

You might think so, but even wireless cameras need a power source and cutting that is just as effective in breaking the camera output as cutting the other cables coax or cat5. No power NO PICTURE...

ALSO wireless cameras are only good over short distances. An installation should be done so as to protect cables within reach and to hide cables as much as possible inside the building.

You can buy wireless adapters which have a predictable range and can be effectively used but these are as expensive if not more than the camera itself. You still have to provide the camera with power which can be more local but that again can create it's own difficulties,

If cables leave a property at the ground floor, they can be protected until they rise up above 10 ft or higher. I usually take them to level with the upper floor's window cill and then into a junction box.