unflagging

Stranger leaving dog biscuits on my doorstep. Creeped out.

I come home to find 2 dog biscuits left on my doorstep, right next to my doormat.

It has happened twice now, with different brands of biscuits.

This is not from a dog, as they are intact and dry.

Plus, what dog would leave his food somewhere?

This is bizarre, and I want to know who is doing it.

Can you help me get an affordable camera system?

I do have a laptop, if that is necessary.

I will try to position the camera in a few spots, to see which is best. Maybe on the handrail so I can see him coming up the driveway (and maybe get a shot at the license place) Or maybe not driving at all, and he's walking to my home? I can try to capture the face by mounting it above the door. Or should I mount it inside and point it out the side window. Maybe I need two cameras, to get the car and the face?

I don't want to spend a ton on this, but I'd like to get to the bottom of this. Can you point me in the right direction for what to buy? I am also in the process of getting a shotgun this weekend. If I can get the footage, I can then give this to the police, in case something happens in the future.

Are you certain it's not a dog giving you "presents"? I had a cat once that used to leave birds and mice on my doorstep.

The squirrels around here leave all kinds of goodies and bury some as well.

I have found fruit, bagels, cookies, chestnuts etc. on window ledges, door sils, nooks, and corners.

The squirrels have a good memory and seem to be able to find their hidden stashes.

In my day you opened the door to a flaming pile of dog CRAP, as we ran away having left it there for you- the morons that we were. And no one ever considered a camera system. They'd just beat the hell out of you if they caught you. It's a different world now. Gone are the days when leaving gifts and pranks at the door was light and breezy entertainment.

Gone are the days when leaving gifts and pranks at the door was light and breezy entertainment.

Aw, your just not 11 years old anymore.

In my day you opened the door to a flaming pile of dog CRAP, as we ran away having left it there for you- the morons that we were. And no one ever considered a camera system. They'd just beat the hell out of you if they caught you. It's a different world now. Gone are the days when leaving gifts and pranks at the door was light and breezy entertainment.

It is not complete until you had someone knock on the back door at the time they were putting out the flaming bag out front and they tracked it all through the house to get to you.

Here you go. Purchase a cow's femur and a large dog bowl and leave it on the porch!

Do you even have a dog, maybe your dog is barking all day while you are at work and he thinks you need to feed it more so he is giving you a hint.