latemodelsedan

Defeway

just wondering if anyone is familiar with the brand DEFEWAY? ive seen their products all over ebay and amazon and was wondering how the quality was? i managed to find the company website but that obviously wont give me an objective review of their products. any info is appreciated. thanks.

This is the first time I hear this brand. But there are so many security brands, so it's no surprised we don't hear it. if you are sure which type you want,you can Google it,I am sure there are some reviews about it.

Dont bother purchasing a product from Defeway . I purchased a Defeway cctv from ebay 6 mnths ago and was impressed for the first 6 mnths of its life then it stopped dead for no reason. Trying to get Defeway/ Audefeway (based in China) to take responsibility for a faulty product of theirs that is still under warranty is like trying to pull a hens tooth. They are scammers. Wouldn't waste a couple of hundred dollars with this mob trying to get a bargain as your just lining their pockets and if you happen to get a decent one that does last longer than 6 mnths , count yourself lucky.

Hi,

I bought 2 of the 8 channel Defeway 720P DVR's specifically because this system (found on ebay for less than on Amazon : http://www.ebay.com/itm/331231164923?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT) had the 4 audio channels as well as could take SNAPSHOTS upon motion detection and email to me.

The Defeway system is ok and I find the snapshot feature is not as important to me now as what the other 2 DVR systems I bought by KKmoon (also found on ebay and Amazon) Kkmoon is a bit less expensive on ebay than Amazon: http://www.ebay.com/itm/271972525375?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Defeway uses an old type of CMS program (called CMS2000) to connect from your PC to your DVR's while the KkMoon uses a much better version of CMS (the version I was sent is called: General_CMS_V3.1.0.3.T.20150512)

KKMoon's version of CMS has better features and ways to access the DVR from your PC than Defeway's version. I really like the way I can set up cameras to detect motion on the KKmoon system and it will sound an alarm to MY PC of the .wav sound of my choice. The Defeway system does not do this. It can only send a BUZZER sound to your DVR. The Kkmoon will also send an email alert but only in TEXT (no snapshot feature) letting you know which DVR (you can name them) and from which camera the motion was detected.

Even though I THOUGHT I wanted snapshots and why I bought the Defeway system, I find the Kkmoon much better in what it can do with it's CMS software and for what I wanted for our home security.

So now I have 2 Defeway 8 channel Defeway systems (one new, the other I opened and tested) received this week -bought them on ebay and don't want to bother to send back to the ebay seller. If I had bought them through Amazon Prime, I would send them back for a refund. The Defeway might still make a good back up for me in case something goes wrong with the KKmoon DVR's but I have already bought 2 more Kkmoon DVR's for back up because I really like the Kkmoon DVR system.

That's just my 2 cents on my experience with the Defeway system I bought.