rellis3640

Help with IP System

Hello all, I am need of suggestions and help. I have started replacing my older big box store system with an Ip system with the equipment system below and am running into some issues. Currently have my old system up using 4 Pelco dome cameras out side which I am going to leave up and convert to IP using Axis Encoder I am replacing the DVR with PC based IP system

4 Pelco Dome units mounted a the 4 corners of house

3 Axis 3204 IP POE dome cameras to be mounted outside the house

3 Axis 207W wireless Inside house

1 Acti 3111(purchased for testing but could not return. beyond the 30 day period)

1 Axis P7214 4 port Encoder

2 Zomodo Wireless units in the garage(probably will replace with the Axis units)

The PC is built on an AMD 3870 Quad Core CPU

16 G Ram

1 TB OS drive

2 TB storage Drive

1 Zxyel NAS325 with 4 TB for network storage

3Com 24 port POE switch

The problem is at this point I have set up and connected only 9 of the cameras trying both Win 7 64 and Windows Server 2012 R2 and the CPU is at 82 to 85 percent already. So I realize at this point that I am going to have issues getting all the cameras onto this system. I need suggestions to remedy this. I have Axis Camera companion installed as a test but it will not take the cameras that are not Axis, so I installed ISpy and it seems to like all of the cameras on the system. I hate to buy a dual CPU system just to complete this project. All the help and suggestions you all have would be greatly appreciated, This project is getting expensive at this point.

What would be best way to get a dump file, lot of utilities out there. Not sure if DRwatson would work on the current system install Win Server 2012 R2. Any suggestions?

while I am at it anyone know how I can get the 207w units to be added under the Axis Camera Companion, after updating the firmware it still wants me to update the firmware which as the unit is older I cannot go above the 4.42 and after researching many have said that they have reverted back to the 4.40 on these units, I guess if I could get these working on the ACC I might just sell all the other cameras and run strictly Axis units(more money, DAMN).These still work very well. but the 4.42 seems to cut down on wireless distance.

You can use something like procmon from the system internal toolkit.

The built in task manger will also show you what is eating up CPU cycles.

I have never tried to get different cameras to work under axis camera companion.

What resolution and frame rate you use? Do you use VMD ? Software or hardware? If software - key frame/substream or full ?