tcon123

Outdoor camera question - condensation

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with outdoor cameras that come with small heaters. These heaters are supposed to warm up the air inside to prevent condensation and also ice in cold weather.

A few cameras that I installed on the outside of a warehouse still managed to get some condensation forming inside. These are high-end Bosch cameras that are very well sealed.

My theory is that the heaters just aren't strong enough in very cold weather even though the cameras are rated -65 celsius.

Any input or ideas would be very much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Tal

Heater blower housing are very common.

238218_1.jpg

The 2 silver cans are thermistors that control high and low. High kick on the fan. Low kicks on the heater bar (Silver bar at photo bottom) They are available in 12VDC and 24VAC version.

Connect source to the module and loop power to camera. Or you can get a complete housing like this: https://nstcctv.americommerce.com/store/p/49-Outdoor-Housing-Polycarbonite.aspx

I appreciate that. However, it doesn't apply to me. The bracket and housing are prebuilt and won't fit any additional accessories. It has a built in heater.

The 2 silver cans are thermistors that control high and low. High kick on the fan. Low kicks on the heater bar (Silver bar at photo bottom) They are available in 12VDC and 24VAC version.

The 2 silver cans are NOT thermistors

They are bimetal thermostat

I appreciate that. However, it doesn't apply to me. The bracket and housing are pre-built and won't fit any additional accessories. It has a built in heater.

Do you have the housing model number? OR is this a bullet style camera? It has a heater but no fan?

I can only assume that a few have defective heaters or you have a small leak. Do you have a digital thermometer you can get close and point on a cold enough day to test? Either that your wind chill is awfully cold where your at.

Check out http://www.testequipmentdepot.com/products.htm?item=IRT207&ref=gbase&gclid=CNfNke__1rsCFbA7MgodWWAA2w

Might help in determining if your heater are working.

The camera was warm when I opened it up. I don't know if the heater was working properly. It doesn't have settings. I do think it is perfectly sealed though. There was a gasket in the bracket and three screws with a seal around the base. Each screw also has its own seal.

Wouldn't it be hard for condensation to form in an airtight environment?

Thanks for this discussion, I m also searching this types of camera, but problem is that I m little bit confused after seeing this circuit design.

Hello, The specs for bosch-vez-211-ewceiva camera are: 24 VAC ± 10%, 50/60 Hz, Camera only: 12 W ,Heater only: 15 W ,Total: 27 W = 1.125 A. Is the power supply capable of 1.125 A. @ 24vac (per camera)?

Hi tcon123, I am a representative from Bosch Security Systems, and your recent question has been brought to our attention. We can assure you that our outdoor cameras and brackets are tested for these kind of conditions. However, our advice would be to contact your local wholesaler/sales agent for direct assistance. Alternatively, if you do not know who your local wholesaler/sales agent is, please provide us with your contact details to contact@uk.bosch.com and we will inform the relevant department. Many thanks - Sam, Bosch Security Systems.