tdenson

Dahua NVR 3208P and Apple mobile devices

1. get iDMSS (or iDMSS Lite) (HD version available too) from iTunes.

Lite is free version.

2. Do the portforwarding, if you need to see your video outside of your network.

1. get iDMSS (or iDMSS Lite) (HD version available too) from iTunes.

Lite is free version.

2. Do the portforwarding, if you need to see your video outside of your network.

I can't get that to work - are you sure it works with the Dahua NVR ?

Someone told you the app to use and we are telling you that it will work. It works for everyone on this site that has a Dahua NVR.

So, if we say of course it will work, guess what, it will work. Your settings are not correct, that is why it is not working for you.

Any Dahua device can be accessed from iPhone and iPad with iDMSS (and I am sure that also with third party programs), not just 3208P.

I must be doing something wrong then. I have both a Dahua NVR and a Dahua camera. When I try to connect to either one with IDMSS I get "Time is out". This is the lite version, I would happily buy the full one if I thought it would work, but surely the lite version should at least show the video ?

Reboot the nvr and router. Make sure you have the correct password in the app. And what is your bit rate set for in encoding?

I have done that to no avail. And yes, I have checked the password. I even changed it from a nul one to a real one just in case that was throwing it. Also, I don't really see the relevance as they both work fine from Internet Explorer. As far as the bit rate is concerned do you mean at the camera or in IDMSS ?

The bit rate for each channel for main stream and sub stream in the NVR. Usually, time out means there is a network issue and rebooting everything helps out. If your too high on the bit rate, and your ISP service is not liking it, that will also give you time out. What is our download and upload speed? Are you timing out when your on your own network or outside your network?

Recheck your port forward settings.....it sounds like yours are wrong. Make sure you have forwarded ports 37777, 37778 and whichever http (I use 85) to the NVR IP address in your router. If you are not seeing your NVR on your network router, change the Ip settings on your NVR to DCHP and reboot. After rebooting change it back to Static and input whatever IP address you want (within your router range that is not being used by something else)

Someone told you the app to use and we are telling you that it will work. It works for everyone on this site that has a Dahua NVR.

So, if we say of course it will work, guess what, it will work. Your settings are not correct, that is why it is not working for you.

I don't think that was called for. I only said "are you sure" because it's not unknown for someone to misread a post and reply about the wrong device, I was only confirming what was being said.

Recheck your port forward settings.....it sounds like yours are wrong. Make sure you have forwarded ports 37777, 37778 and whichever http (I use 85) to the NVR IP address in your router. If you are not seeing your NVR on your network router, change the Ip settings on your NVR to DCHP and reboot. After rebooting change it back to Static and input whatever IP address you want (within your router range that is not being used by something else)

I should have said that at the moment I am only testing locally. I like to do things in a logical order and there seems little point involving routers and port forwarding until I can get it working on my local network.

The bit rate for each channel for main stream and sub stream in the NVR. Usually, time out means there is a network issue and rebooting everything helps out. If your too high on the bit rate, and your ISP service is not liking it, that will also give you time out. What is our download and upload speed? Are you timing out when your on your own network or outside your network?

As I've just said in another post I am only testing it locally ATM. I wouldn't think I would need to adjust bit rates. I can access the camera with IE, Blue Iris, Security Spy and DComplex quite happily. I will look again at how I have set up IDMSS, I must be doing something dumb.

If you did not set your MAC address or your default gateway it will never work. You can not just plug it into a network and expect it to work. Go to your router page and look for locally connected devices. If you do not see it on the router then you still need to configure the NVR. Go back and follow my instructions and it will work locally.

FYI...the port your are using on the IDMSS app goes with the TCP port on your NVR. The default is 37777 on the NVR unless you changed it(I would leave it 37777).

Is your TCP port 8000 in your NVR? By default it is 37777, so unless you changed it, that is your problem.

Yes. As I've already said it works with IE, Blue Iris, Security Spy and DComplex so something as basic as that I have done. I don't use the default as I have a convention for the ip address and ports of all my cameras as 192.168.1.15x and 8xxx, and use the base addresses for the NVR.

If you did not set your MAC address or your default gateway it will never work. You can not just plug it into a network and expect it to work. Go to your router page and look for locally connected devices. If you do not see it on the router then you still need to configure the NVR. Go back and follow my instructions and it will work locally.

I don't see anywhere in IDMSS to set either my MAC address or gateway. Furthermore I don't see the relevance to a locally connected device of the gateway. As I have said in another post it works fine with IE, Blue Iris, Security Spy and DComplex.

As far as following your instructions, they were all to do with port forwarding, which has nothing to do with a locally connected device.

I have now tried GDMSS on my Android phone and I get the same timeout problem. This is really strange as I'm sure these apps work, but I really can't see what I am doing wrong.

Is your TCP port 8000 in your NVR? By default it is 37777, so unless you changed it, that is your problem.

Yes. As I've already said it works with IE, Blue Iris, Security Spy and DComplex so something as basic as that I have done. I don't use the default as I have a convention for the ip address and ports of all my cameras as 192.168.1.15x and 8xxx, and use the base addresses for the NVR.

In your NVR setting, what is your HTTP port and what is your TCP port? This last comment you mention 8000, but that is only one port. As you have mentioned repeatedly, it works in IE and blue Iris, but that is a different port than a mobile device uses. Computers use HTTP and mobile devices use TCP on Dahua NVR's.

For now, forget about anything IDMSS Lite and put it down. Physically go to you NVR and make sure the MAC address and Gateway are set for your router on the NVR(hook up a display to either a tv or computer monitor via hdmi/vga port). If these are not configured then no matter what you do, it will not work. I am not saying port forward anything on the router. Next, while still at the NVR see what your TCP port is set to under Network settings. Write down whatever port is in the TCP section on the NVR. The Dahua NVR will not work on your network using the TCP port if the default gateway and MAC address are not set. (you can quick set it by changing to DHCP and restarting your NVR then change it back to Static with whatever IP address you want)

Go to IDMSS lite and input whatever port was in the TCP section of your NVR into the IDMSS Lite app as the port. (NOT the HTTP Port.....If you are using IE to log into the NVR with the IP address of 192.168.1.150:8000 then 8000 is your HTTP port and NOT your TCP port)

If this does not work then you are either using an IP address out of range or something on your system is blocking the NVR. I have set up dozens of these on dozens of different routers. The TCP port is different from the HTTP port and from your description I think you have those two confused. Take a picture of the Network page on your NVR and post it up if this does not fix it.

For now, forget about anything IDMSS Lite and put it down. Physically go to you NVR and make sure the MAC address and Gateway are set for your router on the NVR(hook up a display to either a tv or computer monitor via hdmi/vga port). If these are not configured then no matter what you do, it will not work. I am not saying port forward anything on the router. Next, while still at the NVR see what your TCP port is set to under Network settings. Write down whatever port is in the TCP section on the NVR. The Dahua NVR will not work on your network using the TCP port if the default gateway and MAC address are not set. (you can quick set it by changing to DHCP and restarting your NVR then change it back to Static with whatever IP address you want)

Go to IDMSS lite and input whatever port was in the TCP section of your NVR into the IDMSS Lite app as the port. (NOT the HTTP Port.....If you are using IE to log into the NVR with the IP address of 192.168.1.150:8000 then 8000 is your HTTP port and NOT your TCP port)

If this does not work then you are either using an IP address out of range or something on your system is blocking the NVR. I have set up dozens of these on dozens of different routers. The TCP port is different from the HTTP port and from your description I think you have those two confused. Take a picture of the Network page on your NVR and post it up if this does not fix it.

You were right and I was confusing TCP and HTTP ports. I now have it working on an iPad although for some reason I can't get it working on my iPhone, although I am sure this is something and nothing.

Thanks v. much