Sign in to follow this  
empedokles

DS-2CD2632F-I(S)

Hello

I finally got my DS-2CD2632F-I(S). I'm a total newbe to this things. What do I have to do next?

The ethernet cable goes directly to my internet-router.

What do I make with all the unused cables (Audio/Alarm, etc) in the Rain?

Cheers

I'm not exactly an expert but I just installed 3 of the 2032 bullets. You'll need to plug it into a POE port from either a network switch or NVR (or separate power supply) to get it setup on your network. As far as the cables go, I drilled a one inch hole where I mounted them so I could get all the cabling out of the elements.

Hello

I finally got my DS-2CD2632F-I(S). I'm a total newbe to this things. What do I have to do next?

The ethernet cable goes directly to my internet-router.

What do I make with all the unused cables (Audio/Alarm, etc) in the Rain?

Cheers

How are you powering the camera? For the easiest and cleanest install you need a poe switch. PLug the switch into your router and the camera into the switch.

As far as the cables, you have two options. if you made a hole in the wall and have room push the wires back in there. OR just an external junction box and mount the camera to it. You can always wrap the wires in coax tape for extra protection http://www.amazon.com/protects-types-cable-moisture-corrosion/dp/B0002ZPINC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1388501531&sr=1-1&keywords=coax+seal

If I just attach them to an cat 5e ethernet cable and put the cable into my router it won't work?

I like to mount it non-permamently.

Are you using PoE to power the camera? If so, your router needs to be able to supply it power. If it doesn't, you need to buy an injector (as mentioned). I use one of these.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001PS9E5I/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Plug the power end to the camera, the lan end to the router and away you go.

I wanted to. But it's true, my router won't do PoE. And there came no power adapter with my Hikvision.

I'm going with the injector. Do I just need a short cat5e cable for it?

no router does poe. The injector is fine, but if you plan on getting more than one camera you are better off with a poe switch.http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-SF1008P-100Mbps-8-Port-802-3af/dp/B003CFATT2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1388523933&sr=8-2&keywords=poe+switch

most of the 8 port model can power 4 cameras. (only 4 ports are poe).

What are good external junction boxes that are stable enough for a varilens? And how I'm gonna put the cat5e ethernet cable inside them without taking of the plug?