old

Weird Particulate "blowing" at night Hikvision ds-2cd2132-I

Every couple of weeks, my hikvision mini dome DS-2CD2132-I records constantly for hours and hours and hours. The video looks like the attached -- like there are tons of particles "blowing" in the wind. Although you can see from the tall grass, there is no wind to speak of. I go outside and look around the camera, etc, and there is no dust or particulates "blowing" around like in the video that records during that exact same time period. There is nothing there. I'm not crazy here. It boggles my mind. You can see from the video that the "dust" stops, changes direction, slows in speed, etc. It doesn't look like static or like a bad feed. I'm just stumped here.

So I reset the camera settings (including "image" settings) back to default, (from those recommended in networkcameracritic.com's review of this camera.) And still the problems continue. This is not leaves, or bugs or snow, for sure. I thought it happens on foggy days more than not, but lately it has been happening at what seems like random. I can't figure it out. I tried searching the forum, but maybe I'm not searching for the correct terms. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Here's some information about my setup:

Camera bought as Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I, but comes up as NC-KD032,

Firmware: V.5.0.0 130719

encoding ver V 4.0 build 130411

This is the 2.8mm lens

POE through Zyxel ES1100

I also have two Hickvision DS-2CD2032-I cameras, which are running indoors - (I've haven't had a chance to mount them outside yet.)

Still problems if I disconnect those other two Hickvisions.

No errors in Synology Diskstation

Synology Surveillance Station 6, running on DSM 4.2 build 3202

pfsense router, version 2.1

everything else seems to be working great.

I wasn't able to upload the video, so here's a link to it on youtube, instead:

EDIT: I'm using the camera configuration file (Hikvision.conf) from this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37182

I think it's not bugs; it's doing it again and it's 34 degrees F out there. When I look at it outside, I don't see anything flying by the camera, but it's picking something up (via the "Live View") There's definitely moisture hanging in the air right now; it's got dense fog outside. Maybe it's suspended water droplets blowing by the lens. I just checked; it's 100% humidity.

Well, I updated the firmware to Hikvision latest stable version. Of course, that didn't change anything.

Dryer vent dust - haha. Yes I could see that causing this, but doesn't look like it's the case over here.

I think it's not bugs; it's doing it again and it's 34 degrees F out there. When I look at it outside, I don't see anything flying by the camera, but it's picking something up (via the "Live View") There's definitely moisture hanging in the air right now; it's got dense fog outside. Maybe it's suspended water droplets blowing by the lens. I just checked; it's 100% humidity.

Well, I updated the firmware to Hikvision latest stable version. Of course, that didn't change anything.

Dryer vent dust - haha. Yes I could see that causing this, but doesn't look like it's the case over here.

I sometimes get the same issue in North Florida just before sunrise for a short period of time. I assumed it was the mist from my sprinklers or tiny gnats/bugs.

It's either fog or the dew is falling.

I bet if you look at your weather conditions the temperature is right at dew point or just below.

See it all the time. The IR reflects off the water droplets.

It's just the IR light reflecting off dust or moisture. Try going out with a bright flashlight, I bet you'll see the same thing reflecting off the light beam.

It's just the IR light reflecting off dust or moisture. Try going out with a bright flashlight, I bet you'll see the same thing reflecting off the light beam.

Ah that sounds like a great test. Maybe I'll try it next time I'm up at night when there's fog.

I live in a temperate rainforest. Around here 100% humidity is called weather, and the dew point is whatever temperature it is outside So, yeah, I think y'all are on to something calling it moisture related. I'm calling it solved (Well, unless anyone knows what to do about it.) Thanks Everyone!

That video is normal.

Slow down the frame rate, that will stop a lot of the detections for movement.

The air is full of 'stuff' all the time.

That video is normal.

Slow down the frame rate, that will stop a lot of the detections for movement.

The air is full of 'stuff' all the time.

I thought the same thing.

Try using an enclosed dark space that could not possibly have any dust in it.

I thought, when I did a similar test, one with no possible way for dust to enter, I still saw the anomalies on the camera. I could be crazy though.

That is why I thought maybe it wasn't really dust at one point in time. But now, I think maybe I was just crazy, but I'm still unsure. It is odd though. None of my other ir cameras do that with dust.

For some reason, if it is due to dust and not something else, it seems like it goes overkill on the ir during the dustings.

It's funny you mention fog because I'm testing the eyeball Hikvision and I have my ACTi E32 next to and I have IR turned off so my test only shows IR from the Hikvision and with the IR on you saw streaks running across it like a blizzard, the E32 with IR turned off looked like the same fog I see looking out the window.

Your infrared and you.

njVK3teNe_g

Hahahaha. That was pure YouTube gold. And that video explained the problem best. Thanks.

Edited by Guest

Hahahaha. That was pure YouTube gold. And that video explained the problem best. Thanks.

I did that one last year- a take off on this great clip from the movie Johnny Dangerously-

ZrdRoFiMTEg