smiticans

Dahua IPC-HFW4300S RTSP and Honeywell Tuxedo Touch

I just recently upgraded from Logitech Alert cameras to Dahua IP cameras. With the Logitech alert cameras, I was able to view the cameras stream from the tuxedo touch keypad using the RTSP stream. On the setup in the tuxedo touch, I would have to input the ip address along with the RTSP path. For example, the RTSP path for the Logitech alert camera would be /LowResolutionVideo. Does anyone know what the RTSP path for the sub stream on the Dahua cameras would be?

Thanks.

The honeywell touch is pretty selective on which cameras can interact with it. That's why they sell their own IP cameras that

work specifically with it. As for Dahua, they do have an RTSP port, default is 554. But there is no sub stream/main stream port, just a port.

Thank you for your reply. I know the RTSP port for the Dahua cameras is 554, however, I'm not looking for the port number. I'm looking for the RTSP path. For example, with the Logitech alert cameras, in order to connect to it via RTSP, you would have to enter something along the lines of this into VLC "http://192.168.1.xxx:/LowResolutionVideo.

Where "LowResolutionVideo" would represent the RTSP path. In the Tux panel it asks for the RTSP path and I do not believe it will let me leave it blank.

If I were to try to connect to these camera's with either Blue Iris or VLC, what would the RTSP setting be? If I had those settings I could probably make it work with the Tuxedo touch.

Thanks.

Hey Smiticans - you mention you had the Logitech Alert working with the Tuxedo Touch. Can you share if there were any tricks to this. On the Tuxedo I have entered the following for the camera config, and all I get is "...video feed has stopped".

ADDR: rtsp://IP_address:554/lowresolutionvideo

RTSP: /lowresolutionvideo

RSTP PORT: 554

RESOLUTION: 320X240

FRAME RATE: 5

HTTP PORT: 80

I don't have a username/password on the cameras, so no need to add to URL.

I am able to connect using VLC with the above URL rtsp://IP_address:554/lowresolutionvideo

I'm not sure for the ADDR field if I just enter the 'IP_address', or perhaps the URL 'rtsp://IP_Address' omitting the PORT and RTSP directory since those are set in the Tuxedo settings and perhaps are appended automatically.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!