telljcl

Hikvision 3mp bullets and "IP Cam Viewer" app?

I've been using "IP Cam Viewer"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rcreations.WebCamViewerPaid&hl=en

to view multiple older analog cams (through a DVR) as well as a few odd ip cams and it works great, but I can't seem to get the image from my Hikvision 3mp bullets (the cheap, common ones that many around here use) to display. I've tried port 8000, which seems to be the one they are set to by default, but if anyone uses this app and these cams, I'd love to know how you set it up. I've forwarded the ports properly through the router - that's not it - I'm just not somehow getting to the image of the cam.

Thanks!

That is very odd that port 8000 does not work. Nah, just kidding, use port 554, works fine, been using it for a while without a problem. If you want to use it outside your home network, then I'm sure you know you have to do port forwarding on your router.

Thanks! Thought I had tried that already but I guess not - works as it should now, and can view either stream also. Thanks again.

That's the app I have been using, I tried the hikvision official app. But its lags alot, the frames update like every 3-4 seconds for me, I think its using the main stream and not the substream and I won't let me change it. The "IP Cam Viewer" app streams smooth.

That's the app I have been using, I tried the hikvision official app. But its lags alot, the frames update like every 3-4 seconds for me, I think its using the main stream and not the substream and I won't let me change it. The "IP Cam Viewer" app streams smooth.

You can change the stream with iVMS-4500.

I use iVMS-4500 on my Nexus 4, iVMS-4500 HD on my Nexus 10, and also IP Cam Viewer Pro on both of them.

238763_1.png

238763_2.png

238763_3.png

You can change the stream with iVMS-4500.

I use iVMS-4500 on my Nexus 4, iVMS-4500 HD on my Nexus 10, and also IP Cam Viewer Pro on both of them.

238763_1.png

238763_2.png

238763_3.png

Have the iVMS 4500 HD on my Nexus 7, when ever I try to change from Balanced to a Custom or Fluent, it just says 'Not Supported by this device.' My camera is a Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I it should work fine.

Have the iVMS 4500 HD on my Nexus 7, when ever I try to change from Balanced to a Custom or Fluent, it just says 'Not Supported by this device.' My camera is a Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I it should work fine.

238778_1.png

238778_2.png

238778_3.png

That is from a 2CD2032 (I am not connecting directly, but through a DS-7716NI-ST, the camera is not accessible from wan). I could also try with iVMS-4500 HD, and I am sure it would work the same way.

That is from a 2CD2032 (I am not connecting directly, but through a DS-7716NI-ST, the camera is not accessible from wan). I could also try with iVMS-4500 HD, and I am sure it would work the same way.

How do you have the connection settings set?

I have:

Register Mode [iP/Domain]

Address [My Cameras Internal IP]

Port [8000]

How do you have the connection settings set?

I have:

Register Mode [iP/Domain]

Address [My Cameras Internal IP]

Port [8000]

It doesn't matter. I am using HiDDNS right now because I am connecting from outside, but I have used many DVRs/NVRs/cameras with IP/Domain and never had an issue. The first screenshots were from a DVR, which used IP/Domain and dyndns, the second screenshots were from the NVR, which I was using HiDDNS. It doesn't make a difference.

Are you using admin account? If the account is not admin, I think it needs permissions to change the channel settings.

I can try later locally connecting direct to the cameras.

I'm using IP Cam View Lite (for now and only connecting locally). I use the sub-stream (ch2), less lag. I'm using a guest account I made in the camera.

I've been using "IP Cam Viewer"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rcreations.WebCamViewerPaid&hl=en

to view multiple older analog cams (through a DVR) as well as a few odd ip cams and it works great, but I can't seem to get the image from my Hikvision 3mp bullets (the cheap, common ones that many around here use) to display. I've tried port 8000, which seems to be the one they are set to by default, but if anyone uses this app and these cams, I'd love to know how you set it up. I've forwarded the ports properly through the router - that's not it - I'm just not somehow getting to the image of the cam.

Don't feel like The Lone Ranger.

Been trying to get my IP Cam Viewer to recognize my just-unboxed DS-2CD2032-I for a couple of hours now.

I do not see my model number in the "Model" dropdown on the setup page.

Tried all three that are there (DS-2D815F-E, DS-7216HFI-SH/A, and DS-81xxDVR), but to no avail.

I wonder if it's just a missing driver issue?

Don't feel like The Lone Ranger.

Been trying to get my IP Cam Viewer to recognize my just-unboxed DS-2CD2032-I for a couple of hours now.

I do not see my model number in the "Model" dropdown on the setup page.

Tried all three that are there (DS-2D815F-E, DS-7216HFI-SH/A, and DS-81xxDVR), but to no avail.

I wonder if it's just a missing driver issue?

Bump!...

FWIW, the settings that currently work for me:

Make: Hikvision

Model: Hikvision DS-2CD8153F-E

Pete Cress,

What port are you using in IP CAM?

554 RSTP?

Thanks. Best Regards,

Pedro

Depends on the cam - I have a half dozen Hiks.

I always get my streams from the RTSP port.

My port numbering convention is by local IP addr. If a cam's addr is 10.0.0.150, I will assign HTTP port 1500 and RTSP port 1501.

Hmmmm.. I have a camera Hikvision 2012-I working ok in http (http://IP:81/Streaming/channels/101/httppreview), but is not working in Android App "IP Cam Viewer Pro" using this configuration:

Name: CAM1

Host/IP: IP (ddns ip...)

HHTTP Port:81 Ch.#1

User: admin Pswd: 12345

When I try to test it, it gives me the informaion: "Failed to retrieve image from camera"

Any idea? Thank you

Hmmmm.. I have a camera Hikvision 2012-I working ok in http (http://IP:81/Streaming/channels/101/httppreview), but is not working in Android App "IP Cam Viewer Pro" using this configuration:

Name: CAM1

Host/IP: IP (ddns ip...)

HHTTP Port:81 Ch.#1

User: admin Pswd: 12345

When I try to test it, it gives me the informaion: "Failed to retrieve image from camera"

Any idea? Thank you

My setup for IP Cam Viewer Pro is the same except:

• I too have "HTTP Port" selected, but the port number I have specified is the RTSP port (1531 in my case). "81" sounds like your RTSP port, though....
  • For CH.#, I have specified "1,2" instead of just "1". My money is on this diff as being the critical one.

Also, in the past, I have mis-typed passwords. Sounds like yours is the default, so probability seems low for yours being wrong. I think IP Cam Viewer would benefit from a "Show Password" option.

My HikVisions are model# DS-2CD2032-I

My IPCVP setup uses DS-2CD2432F-I for the 2032 cams. I picked that since they're both 2xxx series cams; don't know if that will make a difference.

Mine is HTTP port 80, ch#1.