Sign in to follow this  
stano711

Sony eyemax storm IP68

We had 8 Sony 1/3 EYEMAX STORM IP68 Cameras installed just over a year ago. One has started to flash between image and white space very fast. It is connected to a DW VMAX Flex DVR. I disconnected it from it's input into another and it still flashes so my guess it is the camera. Anyone familiar with this issue and the fix? Maybe just a reset inside the camera? The other cameras do not have this problem. I tried attaching a movie file from the DVR but I was informed that, The extension mov is not allowed.

Most of the time, such problems are because of the power source. Maybe you should check the balun at the other end? I also encountered this problem because of a bad ground wiring.

I've changed out both baluns from either end. Today when I climbed up to the camera I noticed a very small flickering in the lens. I took it down and brought it in and hooked it up to a test harness that I made and hooked it up to the dvr and power. It flickered for a little bit and then stopped. I then took it back outside and reinstalled it and it worked fine....for about 15 minutes and then it started again. It seems to be strobbing between daylight color and ir b/w when outdoors. Indoors again and the image is just fine in daylight color. I turn the lights out and it easily goes to b/w ir. I will leave it indoors overnight and see what happens. Any suggestions as to leaving the lights on or off? Thanks.