Bravo315

"Cloud" based CCTV storage and access

Hi there

I am looking for a CCTV system that can show both recorded and live footage from anywhere in the world (preferably cloud based via a web browser).

If it is a cloud based storage service, I'd need to know the capacity. This is something that neither Seedonk, Cloudcam, TrendNet cloud or mydlink list on their websites which makes me think they don't supply storage at all but merely the gateway.

Has anyone got any recommendations of a camera/DVR system which would do this or personal experiences?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I have just found IVideon. If anyone has any feedback about their specific service then I would also be grateful.

The AVTECH range of DVR's provide excellent live view and playback direct from the DVR not cloud, they do have a range of IP cameras which store footage on the cloud, its the models ending with EZ. I use the KPD675 DVR.

Hi there

I am looking for a CCTV system that can show both recorded and live footage from anywhere in the world (preferably cloud based via a web browser).

If it is a cloud based storage service, I'd need to know the capacity. This is something that neither Seedonk, Cloudcam, TrendNet cloud or mydlink list on their websites which makes me think they don't supply storage at all but merely the gateway.

Has anyone got any recommendations of a camera/DVR system which would do this or personal experiences?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I have just found IVideon. If anyone has any feedback about their specific service then I would also be grateful.

I was just about to start a thread about this device... https://www.dropcam.com/product

At first glance, it looks like all they offer is cloud based storage. The disadvantage of cloud storage is that you are totally relying on internet connections. From bandwidth issues to outages, it isn't without its drawbacks. Local storage, such as edge storage (storing data in the device itself on an SD card) then retrieving it through the web is much more reliable and cost effective.