tdenson

Problem with Hikvision 2032-I

I have just bought a Hikvision 2032-I and cannot see it on the network. Before I return it to my supplier I just wanted to make sure I am not doing something stupid. I have tried running the SADP program it came with, and I have also run my own port scanner and cannot see it. However, the documentation says the default ip address is 192.0.0.64 which looks a bit odd to me, it's not a range I have seen used before.

Also the camera warms up normally when power is applied but I can't see the IR diodes in the dark like I would normally expect.

How are you powering your camera, do you have a POE injector or POE Switch? I wouldn't rule out a bad ethernet cable.

Try the reset procedure, from the manual.

To reset the default parameters to the camera, you need to press and hold the RESET

button and power on the camera. After the power on of the camera, you must still press and

hold the Reset button for about 20 seconds

What I did before SADP was change my laptop to 192.0.0.60 and plugged in the same switch and connected to the camera via a browser to 192.0.0.64.

How are you powering your camera, do you have a POE injector or POE Switch? I wouldn't rule out a bad ethernet cable.

Try the reset procedure, from the manual.

To reset the default parameters to the camera, you need to press and hold the RESET

button and power on the camera. After the power on of the camera, you must still press and

hold the Reset button for about 20 seconds

I'm powering it from a standard camera 12V PSU.

I just tried the reset as per your instructions thanks but to no avail

What I did before SADP was change my laptop to 192.0.0.60 and plugged in the same switch and connected to the camera via a browser to 192.0.0.64.

Yes, I tried that

Make sure you have the latest version of WinPcap installed, then SADP will be able to find the camera.

I have just installed 4.1.3 - is that the latest ?

I can now see the IR lights, think it just wasn't dark enough before.

BTW will SADP find other manufacturer's cameras - I have a Dahua and Huacam on the network and it doesn't see anything

BTW will SADP find other manufacturer's cameras - I have a Dahua and Huacam on the network and it doesn't see anything

It won't, it is a Hikvision tool.

It won't, it is a Hikvision tool.

I thought as much, but you never know

Looks like I'm going to have to return it. I have another one on order at the moment with another supplier, might wait until that arrives.

I assume all the switch lights for the camera network port look fine. Also that there are no firewall issues on your PC.

You could run a network scan using something like nmap

Or a network sniffer looking for broadcasts from the cameras MAC address.

Finally got it working. Had to plug it directly into my cable modem router instead of via a switch. Once I changed it from 192.0.0.64 to something on my network I was then able to see it everywhere - including my Dahua NVR, which is a bit of a relief as I took a flyer on that.

Now it's working, I just love the Hikvision camera. Apart from working well with a quality picture, it has two other advantages over the other cameras I have used up to now. Firstly, I am a Mac person and there is a Safari plug in which works a treat, I no longer need to run a VM to setup cameras. Secondly, I can switch off the IR lighting - sometimes I want a separate IR flood rather than it coming from the camera.

And - it's dead cheap !!