robert

But what about these manufacturers?

Guys,

I see there are just few brands talked about here. What about KT&C(Korea)? Huviron(Korea)? Messoa(Taiwan)? They all make network cameras and HD-SDI. Or they just simply aren`t sold in USA?

I'm familiar with some of KT&C's analog stuff and had no complaints with what I've seen and used. I have no experience with their network cams though.

Messoa has been around a while, reviewed one a while back. Makes a nice product has good WDR.

KT&C you should have never seen in the past because they make cameras for other brands, so you may have used their product without even knowing it. This year they are coming out with their own products. They have a cool tiny HD camera I saw at the last trade show.

Have not seen or heard of Huviron.

Huviron is the best make in your list .......longest running camera company.

Samsung Panasonic CNB bosh ..... Are just a few they make for.

And out of all listed huviron have had offices in the US since 1990s

And 5 years warranty.

Also there on the forum

There once were more than 100 suppliers in each Taiwan and Korea.

Most of them have been gone away. About 40 of them have survived out. Some of them supply OEM/ODMs to Samsung or some big players in Taiwan.

Their competing edges are in their quality control and tech support, though they are small sized. If you hit into a right partner, many of troubles can be avoided.

I have been trying to contact Huviron for a while now - no luck. US email bounces back, sales email - no reply. Message via contact form - no reply. Twitter - not been updated in ages.

I have been trying to contact Huviron for a while now - no luck.

Maybe that's not a good company to buy cameras from if there is no way to contact them.

There aren`t too many manufacturers to choose from, so have to try. And Korea makes good quality products at reasonable cost.

There aren`t too many manufacturers to choose from, so have to try. And Korea makes good quality products at reasonable cost.

Qvis ...... Rf concepts or two that sell sunkwang.

Or if buying a lot sunkwang direct

I have been trying to contact Huviron for a while now - no luck.

Maybe that's not a good company to buy cameras from if there is no way to contact them.

Yeah, lots of people find this out the hard way. IP cams are a lot cheaper than they used to be, but nobody likes to throw them in the trash when they can't be made to work.

Here are some things you should be looking for in a vendor:

- Tech support from the manufacturer that will reply within a few days

- Ready access to firmware and tools that you can download when you need them

- Warranty coverage that doesn't require paying a lot of money for shipping and waiting for weeks for a new camera