b44kwz

Dahua IP Camera color code/pinout for the Ethernet

Anyone out there have the color code/pinout for the Ethernet port on an IPC-HFW2100 IP camera? The POE Ethernet port for my IP camera is damaged and missing a pin. I want to replace the port with a standard RJ45 keystone jack. If I knew the color code and pinout for the camera I could do this. Can someone please help? Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

Typical POE is:

White/Orange

Orange/White

White/Green

Blue/White POE +

White/Blue POE +

White/Orange

Brown/White POE -

White/Brown POE -

If ever unsure, create a test cable with a plug and on open cable on the other end. Use your meter to test continuity for each pin. Will require you to cut the Dahua cable but leave enough wire exposed to test.

Did you ever figure out the correct pinout? My end was crushed and could not test the pinout. The wires are orange, blue, purple, yellow, grey and brown. I would love to put a new end on but can not find the correct pinout:/ Anyone have one to test for me?

I have traced the pinouts on both a HFW2100 and HFW3200 I do not know if Dahua always wires their cameras this way but here is what I have found. (see diagram) The Ethernet cable follows the 'A' standard not 'B'

Pins 4&5 are tied together internally as are pins 7&8. I cannot vouch for about the actual wire functions (ie, Video, etc.. Accept the POE lines are pretty clear. Note that 4&5 are POE+ while 7&8 are POE- This is different than the diagrams shown above. I also found that there are four wires going to the +12v power jack I assume they double up to handle the larger currents.

I have rebuilt the connectors on both cameras using this and they function ok

I hope this helps.

428345674_Dahuacamerapinout.jpg.007b2bfd468afbcbd539fa2af8b7b741.jpg

I have traced the pinouts on both a HFW2100 and HFW3200 I do not know if Dahua always wires their cameras this way but here is what I have found. (see diagram) The Ethernet cable follows the 'A' standard not 'B'

Pins 4&5 are tied together internally as are pins 7&8. I cannot vouch for about the actual wire functions (ie, Video, etc.. Accept the POE lines are pretty clear. Note that 4&5 are POE+ while 7&8 are POE- This is different than the diagrams shown above. I also found that there are four wires going to the +12v power jack I assume they double up to handle the larger currents.

I hope this helps.

YOUR A GENIUS BROTHER!!!

you saved my camera!

millions of thanks from Israel

I hope this helps.

AMEN to you. This saved my camera also. Thanks so much for taking the time to put up this detailed diagram.

Best

Steve

Cary, NC USA

Guys who rebuild their camera connector on this particular Dahua cameras, can you help...

I had same issue where the connector was faulty, i severed the connector and tried to patch the same cable to a cat6 crimp,,, problem is that camera cable is too soft and i cant stiff them enough to pass them through the crimp.

How you guys did it?

I know this post is many years old, sorry to dig it up from the past...

I have one of the Dahua IPC-HFW4300S-V2's, and accidentally ripped off, out of frustration , the plug that has the external Power and Ethernet...

I was looking at tng5737's diagram, however on the 4300 I have one wire that is different colored...

Red

Black

Brown

Violet/Purple

Orange

Blue

Yellow

Green

On the diagram, it shows GY, which I'm assuming is Gray? Hoping someone can point me in the right direction and see if Gray might be Green?

Hi there,

I have a Dahua VTO2000A intercom and was unable to power it using my TP-Link PoE switch.

Do you think it would have the same pinouts as the Dahua cameras? If so, I'd like to try it, but a bit worried if I end up frying it.

Thanks,

Pete

i have IPVision model number IPVB6551 am facing z same problem can anyone help it works but only when i connect the power the poe power is not working mean it works but the poe power is not working

the conections

Hi, I bought a EZVIZ system and one PoE camera was damaged, I need the color code for the camera to replace the male end and connect to the Cat5 Cable. Let me know as soon as you can.

thanks

I hope this helps.

many thanks to tng5737, it works!! save my money

Adding my own 2 cents.

My IPC-HFW4300S (version 1) died last night. I had an issue with it before where water got into the RJ-45 and slightly corroded the pins... at the time I just cleaned it off the best I could (alcohol, a little dab of WD40) and got the copper nice and shiny.

Well, one of the pins ended up basically just snapping off (pin #3). Well, that's no good.

So, I cut off the connector and got my multimeter out to figure out which of the 6 wires (yeah, just 6, and totally funky colors) went to which pin.

I'll confirm what was posted previously:

Brown = pin 1

Purple = pin 2

Orange = pin 3

Yellow = pin 4+5

Blue = pin 6

Grey = pin 7+8

The yellow/gray are for the PoE so it's fine they're basically tied together. That did have me wondering though.

I had an RJ45 jack leftover from wiring my house and punched it down, plugged it in, and I'm back in action. For the separate power connector (black/white/green/red) I just cut them off and taped the leads over to make sure they won't touch anything or each other. This will all go into a waterproof junction box anyway when I put it in it's new location (I had a new camera I hadn't quite figured out where to put yet, so when the Dahua failed I swapped it for that spot).

What seemed to cause the pin to break totally this time was a bad o-ring on the waterproof connector, or it wasn't snug enough. Water found it's way in after some heavy rains. Meh... it happens here. I started just using waterproof junction boxes for all of my new cameras a few years ago but hadn't refitted the existing ones. It's worth it, and you can paint them to blend in so it works out well for me. I assume others might just stuff the wires somewhere else or have it run through a wall, or just leave them exposed (but nicely staples) like I had been doing, which is kind of ugly when I think about it. Lesson I learned: do it right and save yourself hassles down the road.

Hi MPB,

I'm in the same situation. I have corrosion on the connector, so I cut it off, and probed the 6 wires with my multimeter. I have the same coloring scheme as you, and each color maps to the same pin. I used a punch down tool to add a new RJ45 keystone jack, but my camera is still not working. For the 4+5 and 7+8 pins that are connected, did you short them together with a jumper in your RJ45 jack, or did you just connect one of those pins?

thanks.

Adding my own 2 cents.

My IPC-HFW4300S (version 1) died last night. I had an issue with it before where water got into the RJ-45 and slightly corroded the pins... at the time I just cleaned it off the best I could (alcohol, a little dab of WD40) and got the copper nice and shiny.

Well, one of the pins ended up basically just snapping off (pin #3). Well, that's no good.

So, I cut off the connector and got my multimeter out to figure out which of the 6 wires (yeah, just 6, and totally funky colors) went to which pin.

I'll confirm what was posted previously:

Brown = pin 1

Purple = pin 2

Orange = pin 3

Yellow = pin 4+5

Blue = pin 6

Grey = pin 7+8

The yellow/gray are for the PoE so it's fine they're basically tied together. That did have me wondering though.

I had an RJ45 jack leftover from wiring my house and punched it down, plugged it in, and I'm back in action. For the separate power connector (black/white/green/red) I just cut them off and taped the leads over to make sure they won't touch anything or each other. This will all go into a waterproof junction box anyway when I put it in it's new location (I had a new camera I hadn't quite figured out where to put yet, so when the Dahua failed I swapped it for that spot).

What seemed to cause the pin to break totally this time was a bad o-ring on the waterproof connector, or it wasn't snug enough. Water found it's way in after some heavy rains. Meh... it happens here. I started just using waterproof junction boxes for all of my new cameras a few years ago but hadn't refitted the existing ones. It's worth it, and you can paint them to blend in so it works out well for me. I assume others might just stuff the wires somewhere else or have it run through a wall, or just leave them exposed (but nicely staples) like I had been doing, which is kind of ugly when I think about it. Lesson I learned: do it right and save yourself hassles down the road.

Hey guys, could someone tell me what will be wiring diagram for HDW5442TM?

Looks like the coloring schema is different there

20201122_102721.jpg

On 7/26/2018 at 9:10 AM, thegup said:

Hi MPB,

I'm in the same situation. I have corrosion on the connector, so I cut it off, and probed the 6 wires with my multimeter. I have the same coloring scheme as you, and each color maps to the same pin. I used a punch down tool to add a new RJ45 keystone jack, but my camera is still not working. For the 4+5 and 7+8 pins that are connected, did you short them together with a jumper in your RJ45 jack, or did you just connect one of those pins?

thanks.

3 years later... probably not much help to you now. :)

The IPC-HFW4300S I originally fixed is still going strong, although I've basically retired it and just plug it in here and there for interesting things (right now it's watching the local critters that come and go).

I have another old IPC-HFW4300S I was using for that and it died suddenly. I remembered posting this info and came back to look at the pinouts I'd figured out (after I'd already re-done it... just came here to confirm it was still the same).

Wouldn't you know, this other one failed with the exact same pin #3 (the yellow-orange wire).  And this one had been mostly protected during it's useful life. It was only recently when I temporarily put it in a spot without any good waterproofing that it quickly corroded the pins in the jack.

I was just going to toss the thing... it's MANY years old and still has the annoying issue where you can only login using IE. Chrome/Edge/Firefox all freak out and don't let you enter characters correctly in the login boxes, like it's always backspacing over what you just typed. Strange.  But maybe I'll put another spare connector on this and give it some life in some unused corner of the yard.

To answer your question, when I punched the wires down for those 2 wires that connect to multiple pins, I just punched them down in both spots. Or you could use a jumper. I think for proper POE it needs to be on both.