Sign in to follow this  
henryf

help a fella out please

Good day,

With the help of my grandson I recently installed a night owl tl88 style 8 camera dvr system. with the exception of 2 cameras, all others are inside our home. We are getting up in age and I like to keep an eye on my wife who has trouble getting around if I am in another room. The problem is, although we tested each camera and the dvr before installing, I cannot figure out how to get the camera views on my tv. Everything is connected properly. all pieces have power and tv monitor is connected with the supplied hdmi cable. all i see is the mfg logo or a blank screen. I cant see any cameras on my tv. please help an old guy. I cant afford to pay someone to come .

thank you

Henry

You may have to hook up the DVR to a computer monitor or TV with the VGA connection, go into the DVR menu and change the output resolution of the DVR to 1080 or 720. Then the HDMI connection will work. I see this on lots of DVR's and NVR's that have HDMI output.

You may check the menu of your TV monitor, for setting its video input mode as HDMI, which is connected to your DVR output.

Other thing is you may have a bum unit. Not impossible. When you see the logo, can you enter any menu? Try the front controls, not the remote. If using a mouse can you right click? Anything?

its possible you have to press the a certain shortcut on the DVR to switch the video output, for example, the DVR i work with if we can see the logo bootup but then no video, it means the video is outputting through another output. then just press and hold down the 'STOP' or "esc ' or 'exit' button for about 10 seconds then it will beep, and rotate to the next video output.

see if your machine has any warning/stickers on the top of the machine that tells you what to do when there's a blank screen, on my machines it does but no one ever reads it.