afschmitt

New Hikvision Minidome DS-2CD2532F-I

I just got the USA version of the brand new DS-2CD2532F-I, which is based on the Raptor platform. I am planning on putting 5 of them around the outside of my house. They have onboard SD recording which is a must for me. The image is crisp and it is really compact. Let me know if you have any questions.

239583_1.jpg

239583_1.png

Is it a 2 or 3-axis dome. Also, says 10m IR range, which is about 1/3rd their other domes, has that been a problem outdoors? Did you get the 2.8mm or 4mm?

I just got it so I have no tried it outside yet. 10' Meters is 30 feet which is enough for my application. I got the 4mm and the camera is a 3 axis.

If you got it from Alibaba, then it's not the USA version, it's the English version, not supported or warrantied by Hikvision USA but you get the day of week in English. Sort of a half way in-between China and USA versions. Also, I believe you can load English firmware but have not tried it. They cost a little more than the version made for the domestic market but still less expensive than the USA version.

Still misleading even from some U.S. resellers not being clear on what is what. All depends on what's important to you if you are in the U.S., lower price or warranty, both are good choices, just know what you are buying.

These look awesome. Just what I have been waiting for for the house.

Do these have a dongle or direct cat5e connection?

How is the onboard storage working out? Can you view all the local storage from one spot or do you need to poll each camera?

They have about a 12 inch dongle. I've been using the SD storage for about 6 months now without an issues. I have two baby cameras and one in our living room. Additionally, I work at a school and we have about 15 Hikvision cameras around campus. No issues yet with the SD recording but if the cards wear out to quickly we may go for a centralized server. We can view or playback several cameras at once using the Mac or iOS applications.

I just installed one as well - very nice form factor and picture quality. I really like the "Expert Mode" in camera motion detection setup where you can specify different regions for day and night as well as different sensitivity for each area

EDIT: Different zone can have different regions; additionally, the same zone region can have different sensitivity for day and night.

I just installed one as well - very nice form factor and picture quality. I really like the "Expert Mode" in camera motion detection setup where you can specify different regions for day and night as well as different sensitivity for each area

EDIT: Different zone can have different regions; additionally, the same zone region can have different sensitivity for day and night.

Any sample shots plz ?

Thx

Here is screenshot of the event config page. There are total 8 areas available for configuration and each zone can be configured with its own area of interest and sensitivity settings

config.thumb.png.3586cc0103bce67bf751ffb3ff57554d.png

Can this be mounted on a wall instead of ceiling? I know some camera's can't do that and have to be mounted from ceiling.

Can this be mounted on a wall instead of ceiling? I know some camera's can't do that and have to be mounted from ceiling.

yes its 3 axis

1. I am seeing different model numbers on websites. Are there 3 versions of this camera?

DS-2CD2532F-I

DS-2CD2532F-IS

DS-2CD2532F-IW

I only see the first on Hikvisions website.

I = Infrared

S = Security

W = Wireless

I have the I and IS versions. It looks like the added a wireless version which is awesome.

I = Infrared

S = Security

W = Wireless

I have the I and IS versions. It looks like the added a wireless version which is awesome.

What does S for security mean?