afschmitt

New Hikvision Minidome DS-2CD2532F-I

I received my order for one of these the other day, and while playing around with it, I noticed that it is getting IR halo reflection

from the dome when the lens is pointed at a distant object, but if lens is pointed to an object within 8-10 feet, no halo from IR reflection.

I received my order for one of these the other day, and while playing around with it, I noticed that it is getting IR halo reflection

from the dome when the lens is pointed at a distant object, but if lens is pointed to an object within 8-10 feet, no halo from IR reflection.

That doesn't sound good. That has always been my worry with dome cameras. Is it bad. Can you post pictures?.

- I am looking for a genuine/reliable seller for this camera, (English version ideally). If anyone has used a Alibaba/Aliexpress seller for this camera can you tell me their name. Thanks

I don't have it in my possession at the moment. Lent it out.

I bought from Aliexpress but the guy I bought it from currently has no more in stock.

It took about 3 weeks to get here.

That doesn't sound good. That has always been my worry with dome cameras. Is it bad. Can you post pictures?.

- I am looking for a genuine/reliable seller for this camera, (English version ideally). If anyone has used a Alibaba/Aliexpress seller for this camera can you tell me their name. Thanks

Sure about -S option ?

I thought it was meant for "Sound" (sound capable, i.e having a mic in or the possibility to plug a mic in).

I noticed that it is getting IR halo reflection

I was looking for the IR bleed information for this small dome so thank you.

Indeed IR bleed is THE issue we find on most domes.

So I'm glad I didn't order it - I ordered last week a DS-2CD2732F-IS (the only Hik dome with no visible IR bleed till now) which for me is still the best non-PTZ dome.

But well if you don't need night vision, this small dome is still really good !

I have had many domes and you can address the halo effect in two ways. First is to make sure your dome is SPOTLESSLY CLEAN. Not sprayed and wiped but cleaned and then polished with clean microfiber inside and out. At this point most halo will diminish as the humidity drops within the camera due to the heat generated by the electronics.

Second and a little more involved is isolating the emitters from the lens by attaching a black foam strip (for LED's which are oriented in a vertical line) or circle (washer shape for LEDS which surround the lens) to isolate the reflection of the emitters from the lens. If you create a light barrier and still experience halo then it is definitely a lens smudging, cleanliness issue. The hardest part of creating a foam barrier is finding the perfect thickness of foam so that it doesn't get forced out of position when you attach the dome.

I'm going to bump this up to ask if the IR bleed is a common issue with this camera.

Also, has anyone tried the IS model and found a reasonable microphone solution?

I'm going to bump this up to ask if the IR bleed is a common issue with this camera.

Also, has anyone tried the IS model and found a reasonable microphone solution?

I have not seen any ir bleed. The IS model comes with a built in MIC

Thank you, I was unsure on the mike.

The reports on IR bleed I have read were not followed up on by the OP's.

I saw reports of IR bleed with the 2132 as well and had no problems with it.

Thanks again!

Hi guys,

How well would one of these work in a nursery as a backup baby monitor? Is there a specific model I would want to look at?

In looking at $200-$300 video baby monitors, they are kind of crap. I might still have to get one to make my wife happy but it would be nice to look into putting something inexpensive like this in the ceiling as an alternate way to keep tabs on things ... and I would drive it from Milestone so that I could access it anytime anywhere.

It would work very well...get the 2.8mm unit so you can cover the full room. You want the DS-2CD2532F-IS model, Make sure you specify S which means it has sound capability with a built in mic. It does not have a built in speaker, if you want a speaker function you need to add and power your own speaker. If you dont get the S model there will be no way to add audio at all.

A better choice may be the 2432 http://www.hikvision.com/en/products_show.asp?id=9441

has a built in mic and speaker as well as a pir sensor. It is also available in a 2.8mm version.

Thanks very much for the info. I would probably prefer a ceiling mount model so it could not easily be tampered with. I will check these out.

You may want to be cautious on buying Hikvision 2.8mm lenses. there is a bad batch out.

[MOD: Link to eternal forum removed]

hi there, i just need to know if it has a mic input interface ( to attach a microphone to it) or if is just a built-in microphone with no chance of extending the microphone to a another place near to people faces.

thanks for your time =)

hi there, i just need to know if it has a mic input interface ( to attach a microphone to it) or if is just a built-in microphone with no chance of extending the microphone to a another place near to people faces.

thanks for your time =)

There is not other interface...if you want to use your own mic, look at the 2732...

thanks for your time =)

There is not other interface...if you want to use your own mic, look at the 2732...

im sorry i may not explained myself very well, i just want to know if there is a way to attach a microphone to the camera ( i mean if it has the connector for a microphone) or it has already a microphone integrated to the camera (the actual microphone inside the camera).

thanks for your time.

im sorry i may not explained myself very well, i just want to know if there is a way to attach a microphone to the camera ( i mean if it has the connector for a microphone) or it has already a microphone integrated to the camera (the actual microphone inside the camera).

The IS model comes with a built in MIC

The IS model comes with a built in MIC

oh ok, so i have to place the camera near the people so i can record what they're saying.

alright, thanks for your patience.