Sign in to follow this  
newguyontheblock11

Budget 1 camera cctv system

Basically I just want a single camera wired to a dvr I will run with a homemade UPS system. I don't need a lot of features or anything just a basic dvr with that doesn't use much power and isn't a total POS. Suggestions?

About how many watts does a DVR generally use?

if you are only going to have one camera, just get a hikvision varifocal camera with an sd card.... no need for a dvr...unless you want to store lots of footage.

http://wrightwoodsurveillance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_68_69&products_id=294

http://wrightwoodsurveillance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_91&products_id=290

both have sound capability if you add a mic and speaker

these cameras are also available at Costco for 249 without audio capability.

http://www.costco.com/Swann-HD-1080p-3MP-IP-Vari-Focal-Add-on-Bullet-Camera.product.100089466.html

http://www.costco.com/Swann-HD-3MP-IP-Vari-Focal-Add-on-Dome-Camera.product.100089445.html

I'd really like to go with a dvr setup. I read about people saying stay away from walmart/bestbuy cctv systems but am really unsure of which are good and which are bad... can anyone recommend a good 4 channel dvr on a budget?

I was thinking around 300 for the dvr. Not looking for an IP system. Just a basic dvr/camera.

why is it that you don't want an ip system? The image quality will be much better than what you will get with a basic analog system. You can sell the extra cameras. With the ip system i linked to you just need to run a single Ethernet cable to the camera back to the NVR. You don't need to hook it up to your home network if you don't want to. It will function on its own just like an analog/dvr would.

I was thinking around 300 for the dvr. Not looking for an IP system. Just a basic dvr/camera.

why is it that you don't want an ip system? The image quality will be much better than what you will get with a basic analog system. You can sell the extra cameras. With the ip system i linked to you just need to run a single Ethernet cable to the camera back to the NVR. You don't need to hook it up to your home network if you don't want to. It will function on its own just like an analog/dvr would.

My ex-boyfriend is a hacker who has hacked my phone and been stalking/harrassing me.

So yeah... I'd feel better about something that is not wireless.

Image quality isn't a big deal I just want something reliable and secure.

My ex-boyfriend is a hacker who has hacked my phone and been stalking/harrassing me.

So yeah... I'd feel better about something that is not wireless.

Image quality isn't a big deal I just want something reliable and secure.

the ip system I linked to is not wireless, its all wired. It does NOT have to be connected to the internet at all...its just as secure as analog and MUCH better picture quality.