I recently purchased a DS-7604 NVR with a couple HIKvision dome cams. I am trying to get the DDNS working but have been unsuccessful so far. Seeing as tech support or helpline seems to be non-existant I was hoping someone could help me here.

Here is what I have done so far.

I changed my HTTP port on the NVR to 8001 as 80 is already used for something else.

I port forwarded 8001,465,543,8000 to the NVR local IP.

I enabled DDNS on the NVR using the default hik-online option and named by my device domain "xyzsecurityHIK"

I registered online at HIK-online and added my device using the serial number and HTTP port 8001. It automatically saw and gave it the correct device name "xyzsecurityHIK" so it made contact.

On the HIK-online DDNS Management my "Device Link URL" keeps saying "This Device is offline"

I have tried changing the device name on the NVR and it reflects correctly in the DDNS management system however it keeps showing me that error.

I believe the url should be hik-online/xyzsecurityHIK:8001 is that correct?

If I use my WAN IP I can access the NVR on my mobile app and desktop so forwarding is all done correctly... any suggestions?

note: xyzsecurityHIK is not the actual name i chose.

Several camera companies offer DDNS services but I find a generic one works best for me. I use noip.com's free service, been using it for a few years, no problems.

You wrote the address as this

hik-online/xyzsecurityHIK:8001

Maybe it should be

hik-online.xyzsecurityHIK:8001

Just a wild gues- I have no clue really. Sometimes it's just the address that you don't have just right. Perhaps include HTTP:// in front as well. I also agree that no-ip is great and if your nvr hardware has it embedded in DDNS, it will act as the updater and make it hassle free.

I checked out the No-ip site. It is built into the NVR as well.

For the free service it says the hostname expires every 30 days? Doesn't that defeat the purpose? What does it take to "re-verify" it?

I believe the url should be hik-online/xyzsecurityHIK:8001 is that correct?

That is not correct. The URL should be:

http://www.hik-online.com/xyzsecurityHIK

You do not need to add the port at the end.

Thanks for the info. Yes I noticed that today. This morning the the DDNS management showed the full link and its up and running. It took a full day for it to update and I didn't make any changes...

For the free service it says the hostname expires every 30 days? Doesn't that defeat the purpose? What does it take to "re-verify" it?

That's just to keep people like you from trying it, LOL. Actually, the way it works is you set the NVR or camera or PC (just one device per network) to update the DDNS information once a day. If for some reason you stop for 30 days, they will send you an email asking if you still want it or not. The only time I had it send me this notice was when the router went bad on one location and stopped updating DDNS.

Actually, the way it works is you set the NVR or camera or PC (just one device per network) to update the DDNS information once a day.

How do you set the NVR DS-7604 DDNS service to update the DDNS provider once per day?

Do you imply that the NVR updates constantly on a predefined recurring schedule the DDNS provider? Assume that the updating interval is 1 hour. Therefore if the WAN IP changes just after the NVR update, then the NVR will not be accesible from the WAN for the next hour until the NVR updates the DDNS provider.

I have set it up for no-ip and it does not work.

The general question is "How does the NVR know that the WAN IP has changed in order to update the DDNS provider?" For example an ADSL router knows when a resync is happening and when it gets a new WAN IP it updates the DDNS provider. This is the ideal way.

In fact I have a no name chinese IP camera. I have setup the DDNS service for no-ip and when the router gets a new WAN IP the camera sends me an email with the new WAN IP after a few minutes. This is the ideal way for the DDNS provider updating.

Note: For United States Customers, HIK DDNS Server address is 173.200.91.74. For non U.S. customers,

please contact your corresponding Hikvision Branch for more information.

Here is example for you

Device.jpg.221f39b7e33c8b036c185a47f4ec6950.jpg

Note: For United States Customers, HIK DDNS Server address is 173.200.91.74. For non U.S. customers,

Here is example for you

Depending on which domain name you use?

Using ddns.net with server address of dynupdate.no-ip.com which resolves to 8.23.244.120

Edited by Guest

Here is example for you

Depending on which domain name you use?

Using ddns.net with server address of dynupdate.no-ip.com which resolves to 8.23.244.120

Not at all

I am talking about HIK DDNS only

which works very well

If there's not one they wasted an opportunity.

What would you say to half or more cctv forum members who watch their cameras direct ?

( without NVR )

Direct? Through their Swiss cheese browser or OS?

What's one more hole in the boat?

Edit: hole not "ole"

Edited by Guest

Here is example for you

Which firmware version are you using and on which NVR? I am using version 2.3.9 beta and the network settings screen does not look like yours.

Also I asked how and where do you define the DDNS updating interval.

DDNS "updating interval" is handled in the router when it detects a new IP address assigned by ISP.

And I think DDNS "updating interval" is handled in the HIK NVR

next time when I visit customer I will check

I should have used a question mark.

There is more going on here than my limited experience covers. Both NVR and cameras have DDNS settings as well as the router.

If the router does it's DDNS updating and passes this information down line, why is it necessary for the NVR or camera to also do this?